Annoying knocking noise just started from rear suspension while acceleration!!!

quadcore

I was already bothered bad enought by the noise from front suspention in winter time, now another annoying knocking noise just started from rear suspension while acceleration!!! See the attatched graphic.

I NEVER heard any kind of this silly noise from my BMW-M3 on any road surfaces!!! Its just a purely solid driving machine, but I also need a bigger car and I hate all those Stupid Ugly Vehicles, this cool looking mazda5 draws my attention when it came out last year. But now I am totally disappointed on this cheap designed / cheap made car, how much damn money you think you gonna make less if you put a solid suspension on you cars Mazda? I am sure you will make a lot more actually! Shame on your cheap suspensions and on your silly noise!!!

Attachments

• weaksuspension.bmp
    373 KB · Views: 6,088
considered bringing your car back to the dealer? also have you been too rough on bumps? cuz those do hurt cars if you're not careful...

I don't have that specific problem (bought it on 05, 2+ years), but some comments:
  • Check with the dealer, you may have a defective strut
  • If you have the 17in wheels: I drive a Honda and yes, in comparison, the MZ5 makes a louder "thud" noise when going through puddles or irregular surfaces. Now, I know you drive an M3 so you may know this already but the low profile Toyos are noisier than the rest of the low profile tires (plus they are low profile, which is not common for a "family" car)
  • I love Mazdas since I got the MZ5, but comparing it to a BMW-M3, long shot IMO :D

I've been getting a clunking sound from the rear suspension as well, but the noises I hear happen when going over bumps & not so much from accelleration so I don't know if we're getting at the same thing.

As for the Mazda/BMW comparison...what planet are you from??
I'm guessing there's a reason the M3 is 2 or 3 times more expensive than a Mazda5 other than the fact that people will pay for the name.

Those cause of those vertical scratches wouldn't produced a knocking sound. They'd produce a rubbing or scratching (obviously) sound.

Might wanna inspect your sway bar bushings and mounts.

The front suspension noise has been addressed. Did you or someone else perform the "fix" Mazda put out?

I was already bothered bad enought by the noise from front suspention in winter time, now another annoying knocking noise just started from rear suspension while acceleration!!! See the attatched graphic.

I NEVER heard any kind of this silly noise from my BMW-M3 on any road surfaces!!! Its just a purely solid driving machine, but I also need a bigger car and I hate all those Stupid Ugly Vehicles, this cool looking mazda5 draws my attention when it came out last year. But now I am totally disappointed on this cheap designed / cheap made car, how much damn money you think you gonna make less if you put a solid suspension on you cars Mazda? I am sure you will make a lot more actually! Shame on your cheap suspensions and on your silly noise!!!

Sorry, don't have that issue and I have 40,000 km's on my 5. Possible you have a defective strut. That happens, not directly Mazda's fault. It'll still be under warranty anyway so just take it back to the dealer. If you look at the suspension closely, you'll see that it's actually well designed, the strut takes no load, and has no part in keeping the wheel alligned, it just dampens the motion. Excllent design in a compact package!

Have the dealer look at it.

I took mine in for the knocking sound & they're replacing the right rear strut. The service manager also said that there is a TSB on some bushings in the rear suspension so they're replacing them as well.

Back