Picked up 2008 CX9 GT

wilsonclan

:
2008 Mazda CX9 GT
I took my wife to the dealership Sat. to pick up the '08 CX9 GT AWD pearl white with sand interior, RSES, GT assist package, NAV, Sirius, Roof rails, all weather floor mats, compas with homelink, remote start. Let me start by saying that my wife and I test drove the Enclave and Acadia once each and the CX9 3 times, the last time we took an '07 FWD out for a 4 hour test drive. That was about 3 weeks ago. The 08 had been on its way for about 2 weeks but we wanted to make sure that is what she wanted. And I obviously wanted to wait for the 3.7. Seat of the pants, around town not a big difference, but on the highway were I feel it matters most, I think it really did make a difference. From 50 to 80mph it really jumps out quicker and keeps pulling strong past that. It is amazing how quiet this car is. The smart key feature is cool, as well as remote start which is a plus when its 100+ degrees out. Just working on the NAV now, the bluetooth works really well. It is irritating that the IPOD will have to be utilized through the AUX jack once the dealer gets the part in instead of the 30 pin connector. As for the BOSE sound system. I should start out by saying that I have personally never heard a factory auto BOSE system that I thought was worth the money. Even our Infiniti QX56 BOSE was average at best. Well, this has the 11 speaker surround with the subwoofer, and I can say I still haven't. Direct playback of CD's or DVD provides above average playback, but if you are listening to radio, SAT, or IPOD, the stereo does not play the music in surround and the sound is below average at best, and it doesnt have any adjustments to compensate, unlike my aftermarket unit in my truck and our the home system that has simulated surround to compensate. Needless to say, I will probably be burning MP3's again for the better sound quality, especially on long drives. I will update as we spend more time in the car.(spin)

Why did you not consider the Honda Pilot? What were the deciding factors over the Enclave/Acadia (same vehicle)?

Why did you not consider the Honda Pilot? What were the deciding factors over the Enclave/Acadia (same vehicle)?

I really didn't consider the Pilot, but we did look at the Acura MDX, which I feel more closely compares to the CX9. The Pilot just needs to be updated IMO, it is a little long in the tooth, and not nearly as attractive as the CX9, but what is. (bowdown)The MDX was too small for us, my kids are teens and my youngest is 10 and they didnt feel there was enough room, and the extra 10k didnt seem well spent over the CX9. My wife and I really like the Enclave, drove it 3 times before we ordered the CX9. But if you really like to drive your cars for the pleasure of driving, the CX9 can't be beat. It really is a more pleasant driving experience from top to bottom, especially with the 3.7. The only thing I would appreciate with the Enlcave was the extra 1500lbs of towing. We only leased the CX9 for 24mo's, and hopefully when the lease is up GMC will have a Denali version of the Enclave. That I would like to see, maybe the 5.3 V8 or the new 3.6 DI. (attn)

Back