TCS Off indicator light

Just picked up the CX-9 852 miles ago and the "TCS Off" indicator light and "DSC" indicator light are now lit. Just spoke to the Mazda dealer and they said it could be something as simple as the tire pressure being off (which I find hard to believe).
Anyone had any experience with this or know what it might be an indication of. Unfortunately I got the car in time to drive on vacation and have a 500 mile drive home on Saturday.

TCS Light

Its got nothing to do with tire pressure. There is a seperate Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Warning Light.

For TCS, see attached screenshots from the owners manual. Try to hold the TCS button for 10 seconds and see if it fixes it.

Attachments

• TCS_Light_On.jpg
    TCS_Light_On.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 17,269
  • TCS_Switch.jpg
    TCS_Switch.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 15,369
Last edited:
Tsc

Thanks. I've tried to reset it with no luck. When I turn the car off the light seems to reset but then comes back on as soon as the car is put in gear.

Disconnecting the battery may cause the DSC indicator light to become inoperable.
(The DSC OFF indicator light flashes and the TSC/DSC indicator light is illuminated)

Try this:

a.) Start the vehicle with the KEY
b.) Turn the steering wheel completely to the right and then completely to the left
c.) Verify the DSC OFF indicator light turns off
d.) Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and then turn it to the ON position again
e.) Verify that the TSC/DSC indicator light turns off

Please me know if you have in fact disconnected the battery for some reason and that caused this malfunction. If this is the case, you may want to read this thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123677020&highlight=battery

Good luck!

Last edited:
TCS light

So we finally got the CX-9 back to the dealer and they still insisted it was the tire pressure. After telling my wife that the tire pressure had to be 42psi (I could have sworn the sticker inside the door panel said 34psi for the 20" wheels) they added air and sent her on her way. Half way home the indicator light was back on. She turned around and the dealer said they would have to keep the CX-9 longer. They told her it could be the ABS brakes and gave her a loaner for the rest of the day.
A few hours later she went back to pick it up and they said it was a blown fuse that someone messed up when the dealer installed the remote start. While I'm glad they didn't find anything mechanically wrong I still find it hard to beleive that it was a fuse given that we put about 800 miles on the car after the remote start was installed.
Anyway - I hope that this is not a sign of things to come. After a major trip in the car (vacation on the Outer Banks) I am pretty happy with how the car drives overall.

they said it was a blown fuse that someone messed up when the dealer installed the remote start.
Glad to hear that they finally fixed it. Have you tried the above procedure? A blown fuse is kind of disconnected battery, isn't it?

Picked up our GT AWD last night. TCS Off and DSC lights came on while driving home from the dealer. They go away when car it restarted and eventually come back on while driving. Anyone else have this too? I'm taking it back in when I go to pick up the accessories I ordered at invoice as part of the deal.

Update on TCS Off / DSC

The first time I had it in, dealer had it for 2 days, and replaced the common yaw sensor after consulting with Mazda. (There were 7 different codes.) Both lights were back on steady that same day. Dealer has now had it the second time and has seen 10 different codes. They are all "communication" type faults, and they are coming from the body control module. They have swapped my body control module with a new vehicle from the lot and are driving both to see which one will fault. So far with 20 miles on each, neither has faulted, so not good as far as diagnosing the issue. They are keeping it and driving it another day to see if they can get one to throw some faults. I'll post back when I hear more.

Well, they had it another two days. Were finally able to see the fault happen. Traced it through the brake system to the towing package wiring. Seems a connector fir the tow package was incorrectly hooked up in the port when the vehicle arrived in the US, and was intermittently grounding. They corrected and extensively tested. I got the vehicle back last night, and so-far, so-good. Fingers crossed. They are providing lots of feedback to Mazda so as to prevent future problems like this on other cars, and also to make diagnosing easier in the future. Their head electrical tech literally spent a few whole work days on the issue. I hope my story helps others some day.

Well, driving on the highway a few days ago, I was in the mood to run a little and sometime down the road going at around 80mph, I had to break fast and hard and then , the TCS off and DCS lights came on..... I was like, hey, what happened?? All the way they stayed that way until I turned off the car.
Later, on the manual, I read that the TCS can go off to prevent overheating of the brakes when this system is used many times. (thumb)

Hey everyone,

Just picked up our new 08 CX-9 GT AWD last night. Before we even got it off the lot, the TCS light and wheel slippage (car sliding icon) came on and stayed on the whole way home. I tried both of the remedies listed above. The one OMF posted worked for about 25 minutes and then the two warning lights came back on again. I'm making an appointment now to take the vehicle in next week. I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that a car this expensive has this kind of a problem with 10kms on the odo!

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause?

Hey everyone,

Just picked up our new 08 CX-9 GT AWD last night. Before we even got it off the lot, the TCS light and wheel slippage (car sliding icon) came on and stayed on the whole way home. I tried both of the remedies listed above. The one OMF posted worked for about 25 minutes and then the two warning lights came back on again. I'm making an appointment now to take the vehicle in next week. I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that a car this expensive has this kind of a problem with 10kms on the odo!

Does anyone have any idea what might be the cause?

A loose battery or electrical connection can be the cause. Check your battery and the fuse box first.

Problemas with the TCS nad related systms

My CX-9 made a grinding noise when started. Then, right after taking off, in the first curve, the system made pounding noise followed by the same noise on the next curve. No noises followed thereafter. However, the DSC (the car with the tracks symbol) went on. I stopped the car and turned off all the traction and related systems (TCS and others that I do not recall). All the related lights (TCS, DCS…)on the dash went into the off mode and remained as such. The systems would not restart.. I took it to the dealer. They mentioned a problem with the software. They ran a computerize repair routine, which did not work. They called the main dealer and mentioned that the problem is with a computer module (TCS and related) that sits on top of the transmission. It will be changed. I will keep you posted. I believe there is a bulletin on some of these issues. In the check up, it was found that the dealer did not secure the battery nor the attachment to the battery poles. This might have caused the computer problem, hopefully. If you had the same problem, please share your experience.

Last edited:
Disconnecting the battery may cause the DSC indicator light to become inoperable.
(The DSC OFF indicator light flashes and the TSC/DSC indicator light is illuminated)

Try this:

a.) Start the vehicle with the KEY
b.) Turn the steering wheel completely to the right and then completely to the left
c.) Verify the DSC OFF indicator light turns off
d.) Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and then turn it to the ON position again
e.) Verify that the TSC/DSC indicator light turns off

Please me know if you have in fact disconnected the battery for some reason and that caused this malfunction. If this is the case, you may want to read this thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123677020&highlight=battery

Good luck!

After "testing" my new (6k miles) CX9 T AWD in the snow last week, the TCS off, and Slip indicator would illuminate shortly after starting the car.. Maybe 10-15 minutes or so... I tried the above procedure, and it cured my issue. I also noted that Cruise Control did not function when the lights were lit..

Thanks for the tip!

I know Im revisting an old thread, but I've recently had this problem too. The dealer told me that it had low brake fluid so it sets off those sensors. I don't really believe that BS but the light have stayed off for now.(dunno)

I know Im revisting an old thread, but I've recently had this problem too. The dealer told me that it had low brake fluid so it sets off those sensors. I don't really believe that BS but the light have stayed off for now.(dunno)

This was the case on my BMW, but the BRAKE light was also lit. Was your BRAKE light lit? It would make sense. Later on for me, it happened again and the delar replaced the brake booster. I suppose there are a few possibilities.

Zoomfive

Yep, the brake light was on, TCS OFF light was on, and the )little squiggly car light). He told me that sometimes the brake system burps itself when they are new so that would explain the drop in fluid level.

Back