steering wheel control

gosensei

I'm planning to upgrade the stock cd/radio. What is the confirmed way to get the steering wheel control to work with aftermarket stereo kits? Can someone post the link to the wiring harness? Is it the only wiring harness you need for a new system, or is it something extra?

I need to know the same information. I am planning to do the same thing. and I have spoke to some of the technician and they are also not sure but they told me that if you use axxess aswc, you may retain the steering wheel control. if theres anyone out there that achieved a success of installing a aftermarket stereo and retaining the steering wheel controls Please let us know!

Thanks in advance!

SWC for CX7

I am going to try out the PAC SWI-PSv1 SWC adapter from PAC. I purchased it from SonicElectronix, to go with the Jensen VM9424BT.

The Jensen installation guide and user manual both recommended the PAC SWC adapter. After a quick look on the PAC website they claim the CX-7 is a supported vehicle for the steering wheel controls, so fingers crossed.

After I get it installed I'll post back and let you know how it went.

More details (read carefully and make sure you purchase a radio that's supported):

NOTE: I know my Jensen is not on the list of supported radios, but based on the fact that the VM9424BT manual specifically recommended this adapter I expect it to work.

Regards,
Ben.

PAC-SI SWC adapter works!

Hi All,

Thought I'd let you all know that the PAC-SI steering wheel control adapter, the Jensen VM9424BT all installed very nicely now, working together.

I used the Scosche harness. Scosche will recommend an Antenna adapter cable which is NOT necessary - you won't use it. Also, I ADDED the missing pins for the steering wheel control terminals to the Scosche harness connector - out of the bag these pins were missing, as well as the Dash Illumination pins (I also added these).

All in all I'm very happy with the result. The head unit is AMAZING - very good value for the money. Sound output is crystal clear, plenty loud enough for this vehicle unless you want to annoy people. I've tested it with streaming bluetooth which is a NICE alternative to using the AUX.

Ben.

Back