Wiring harness did you use

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
What wiring harness did you use for your radio install.

I was sold a HRN-53 from pozitive connections. However I pluged in everything tonight have power but no sound double checked everything and still nothing so I looked at the connector and it seems like the wire end don't match up.Dimmer is not connected, blue remote on from the alpine is not conencted yet. any ideas as to why no sound? I asked this question before but got no response the bose radio has two white connectors large one and a small one what is the small one for? does this have to be connected?

this is the wiring diagram for the harness
Wiring Color Code

1198099571_223c574c79.jpg

and the alpine
1199030080_8f1b919ae4_b.jpg

I used the Metra Universal harness for the MZ3. But why would you want to run that sound to the BOSE amp, I thought that with a New headunit running new wire would be a must.

Last edited:
I am not following you about running to the bose amp part. I have alpine amps they are not connected yet. The diagram above is illustrating the head unit and the head unit controller which would sit underneath the glove box.

Alpine comes with it's own wires that run from the head unit down to the controller. The only thing I am questioning here is the wiring at the white connector pretty much everything is color matched (white goes to white) etc.
But I have no sound.

Confusing wire diagram, sorry I can't be of any help, I'm feeling a little simple, I will read it a few more times and see if it makes sense. I got confused matching up wires on the unit I installed and those ARE color matched, haha.

Last edited:
do you have the Bose system stock? If so you're probably not getting sound because the amp on the IVA and the bose amp are inteferfering with each other... that's why you need to run new wires. When you install the Alpine amps and use the RCA outs on the Alpine make sure you disconnect those speaker wires and run new ones to the speakers directly or to the output of the bose amp if you have one for each channel. The second way won't be as efficient and you'll lose a tad bit of SQ and performance but depending on how much a of a PITA it is to get wires though the door on this car it may be worth it!

Im not running alpine amps I am actually trying to sell those. Im just looking to use the stock speakers just connect my head unit so i have my mp3 changer and dvd player among XM. Oh and TV see i pretty much live in the car from 830am to 5pm so need some entertainment

understand, if I were you I'd just replace the speakers in the car also as there is no bypass at this point for the bose amp that I'm aware of...That way you can just wire direct to Alpine radio... I'm not sure there is any other way to do it right now...

Yeah I called scosche we troubleshooted and then I was placed on hold then they came back and said the bose radio sends a data signal at this point there is nothing to bypass the data signal. So I bought a wiring harness a scosche radio dash kit all for nothing. It will be for sale on ebay.

They mentioned they are working on a solution but as to when something is released your guess is as good as mine. :-( sad day for me no radio yet again.

Latest posts

Back