DECANO self-adhesive sunroof doesn't let the sun shine in

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring

Not all of us can afford to check the option box for a sunroof when buying a new car, but thanks to a guy and his dream, the days of cruising with an unadorned sheetmetal over your head are over, even for the cheapest tight wads among us. The DECANO self-adhesive sunroof is a miracle of technology that's comprised of a "series of flexible laminated layers, weatherproofed and framed with a self-adhesive tape." When affixed to the roof of your car, you'll be known around town as the guy with enough bucks to buy a sunroof. The public will never know your sunroof is actually a giant black sticker with a frame around it. Yes, you can fool them all, but the question is whether your integrity and standing in the community is worth $25 plus $6 shipping and handling.

This candidate for Invention of the Year is available on eBay, which fortunately gives buyers the ability to ask this inventor some questions about his self-adhesive sunroof. Below is perhaps the best one, and the rest you can read, no, you have to read (they're that funny), after the jump.

You know, the '99 Alero doesn't have a some roof. It will soon!

Q: My car does not have an anti lock braking system - i am interested in an abs light for my dash - i cannot afford nor am i interested in the actual braking benefits of an abs system - i am solely interested in tricking people into thinking my car is safer than it is. do you or are you looking into prototyping this product - it seems like its up your alley.
A: We are working on new ideas, thank you.

-Autoblog

How dumb is this?

dumb? very, will it sell...sure

remeber the pet rock, people will buy anything nowdays

So for $30 I can have a sunroof....very tempting.....but I am gonna have to pass. I am saving up for the fake ABS light! ROFL

I actually had seen something more pathetic. A wind deflector and no sunroof at all!

one day they'll make the fake car and pass it off for the real thing

Already been (and being) done in China.

Look up the Chery QQ. Almost an exact replica of the Chevy Spark (Aveo). You can even take parts (the doors, for instance) off one and it will fit on the other!

C4.jpg

I actually had seen something more pathetic. A wind deflector and no sunroof at all!
Just think....pathetic to the 2nd power with both the fake deflector & the fake sunroof. Hey, I know...What about a full body stick on that tranforms your Yugo, Vega, Pinto or whatever other super bad car into a ferrari or lotus or lamborghini? Wait, how about this? Make them for people so you can morph into whatever you want to look like in the real world just like people do digitally on the net. Just think of all the implications. Change your ugly house into a 5 star resort. Endless possibilities. This guy's really onto something...(yupnope):bs:(crazy):rolleyes:(jerkit)(naughty)(drunk)(hand):wtf:

Back