anti fouler trick gone wrong?

BOOSTR

1 OWNR MSP
Threw a P0140. Sitting at 65,800 miles and I've been running with the bank1 sensor 2 sitting in the anti fouler threaded into the downpipe for over two plus years.
First time I got this code the downpipe seperated from the flex hose. Its fine this time and the sensor wiring appears intact. Going to check the voltage signal when it cools down.

Last edited:
0.38 signal voltage. Cleaned sensor and antifouler inside. Cleared pcm and will go from there. No CEL at start up.

Store bought HELP product #42002. It was the sensor that would be in front of the cat(if it was still there).

Same thing happened to me and it turns out the non-fouler got clogged with carbon. Drilled out the non-fouler a little more and cleaned everything up and I've been fine for about 4 weeks. Also, when this was happening the CEL would come on and then go off every once and awhile.

Same thing happened to me and it turns out the non-fouler got clogged with carbon. Drilled out the non-fouler a little more and cleaned everything up and I've been fine for about 4 weeks. Also, when this was happening the CEL would come on and then go off every once and awhile.

Just curious do you think a wirebrush on the end of a drill will help people out with the tunder headers non-fouler trick.

Just curious do you think a wirebrush on the end of a drill will help people out with the tunder headers non-fouler trick.
I'm not too familiar with the Thunder header or problems people encounter with them but I'm sure it would help clean it but keeping it from coming back is another story. My problem was when I drilled out the non-fouler I did a pretty sloppy job and the hole was offset to one side a little. I just took a dremel to it to make both sides even and an even gap around the O2 sensor.

Back