clicking sound underneath the chasis.

blacksheepms3

:
Mazdaspeed 3
hey guys, I need your help again. I just put in H&R springs on ms3. after a couple of days I gave it a whirl to see how tight it turns. and one of the things i did was a !80degree turn. I was on 3rd then slapped it to neutral, pull the steering wheel to the left then pulled the ebrake but didnt let go of the button. then as the car was sliding around I slapped it to 2nd gear then gassed it to the other direction. Pretty cool at the time, but lookin back it was pretty stupid cause now I hear a click when initially moving using 1st gear. then i'd hear same thing when I let go of the gas and the car decelerate. I;d hear this sometimes on 2nd and 3rd gear but mostly on 1st gear.

Can you guys help me figure out what could be broken? I have ms cai, boost gauge, aftermarket motor mount and the H&R springs. Which of these could void my warranty pertaining to this problem? What should I do before I go to mazda? what should i check first maybe it's just a loose bolt? any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

when i put the eibachs on my car i got a clicking noise when i took off, stopped and hit bumps and mine was a loose bolt so i would just go around and check em

thanks bro, do u think the bolt came off and needed a replacement or is it possible that it's just loose and just need to be retightened?

it is probably just loose. just get under there with a torque wrench and make sure everything is tight

The sound was comin from the fron left side of the car just underneath the dirver's feet. I dont know, it might be comin from somewhere else but the sound is heard right under my feet. I took out the front left wheel and I checked the bolts that hold together the shocks and springs, even the struts tower and they we're nice and tight. Someone told me it could be the tranaxle mount. Could it be? How bout the chasis reenforcements. Could it have come loose caused by the sideway motion of the car on a very coarse surface. But the guy side it's definitely not the transmissioin or engine. He said it has nothin to do with springs so it should still be coveredy by warranty.

Any opinions?

Back