Nav Voice Recognition - How do you use it?

mogulman

:
CX-7 GT
I've had my CX-7 for about 3 months now. I played with the Voice Recognition for about 30 minutes, 2-3 times after I got it. I haven't used it the last 2 months.

When I initially played with it, I could get it to Route me Home and Cancel Routing, it seemed like it wasn't easy to do using the voice recognition. It was easier to press buttons on the display. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Also, I thought the big advantage of the voice recognition was that you could say stuff instead of looking at the display while the car is moving. It seems like the only real things I could get working without looking at the display is routing me home. I did find that I can turn off the display of POIs by saying things like "gas", etc. But it doesn't list the stations, it just displays icons on the map, which seems kind of useless.

Is there something useful I can really do with the Nav system Voice Recognition? It seems like it could be a cool feature especially if you want to do something while moving. Just wondering how people use it (and the commands).

No one has any hints on how to use this thing? The button on my steering wheel has to do something useful.

I rarely use it. It is hard to use. When I say HOME or GO HOME, it will sometimes respond "You are not under route guidance" or "System does not recognize"...but if I am successful, it will say "to enter destination, pls reply etc etc etc....DAMN, can you just take me home.

Back