Hole in my flex pipe

NoVa 2.0

:
07 Jeep Wrangler
I took my car to have my emission done a few months back, and the guy that inspected my car said I have a hole in my flex pipe? I have a Corksport exhaust and its stainless steel. (Please see below)

But the flex pipe and forward is all factory. Any idea on where I can get a replacement flex pipe? Preferably stainless steel?

Maybe somthing like SLS is selling but without the converter? (2nd Photo)

Attachments

• CorkSport 'Power Series' Exhaust System_edited.jpg
    CorkSport 'Power Series' Exhaust System_edited.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 721
  • SLS%20MPMIDCAT.jpg
    SLS%20MPMIDCAT.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:
give this guys a call they do custom exhaust setup. I had them install a new high flow cat about 6 months ago on my midpipe and they did a great job. I also know they have flex pipes that can probably weld into your midpipe.

http://www.bandtmotorsports.com/

Thanks for the link, how much did something like that run you?

Based on the pic of the Corksport exhaust, I'm not sure if the one you mentioned without the converter would fit? The flex pipe comes off the end of the 1st pipe in the 1st pic i posted? Here's another pic from CorkSports website, its installed on a MSP so there is no flex pipe. But u can get an idea where the flex pipe "should" be on a 3rd gen based on the pic. (Right in the area where the red circle is)

Attachments

• CKSP1_edited.jpg
    CKSP1_edited.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
I would just talk to CS. They use a weird pipe diameter (like 61 mm or something) and the flage location is not the same as stock. You wouldn't be able to say, buy a PG midpipe and use the CS catback. I mean, if it broke from routine use it could be a warranty issue. Even so, they'll probably tell you where you can get another flex pipe.

Ok, so i talked to CS. It was still under warranty so they mailed me a new midpipe. The new midpipe they sent me doesn't have the flex portion, so i'll be running all piping. IanBMurray came by the other night and tried to help with the project, but the bolts were rusted. So i went to Midas today, they installed it for like $90 and all seems to be well at the moment.

Well i know the MSP version on my exhaust doesn't have the flex portion? Hopefully it won't be a problem?

Shouldn't be I guess - make sure you keep using those spring-bolt things. I like having the flex pipe because it gives me a little more freedom to position my exhaust where it needs to be. There's also this nasty little thing where the s-pipe tends to shear in half if the exhaust can't move enough...

Ouch, man I don't even want to entertain the idea of that happening.

I might have to take a look under the car today when I get home, it sounds like the exhaust is making a bit more noise then before. (Vibration/Movement) I'm going to check and see if the put all the necessary arms back into the exhaust hangers. I may have to get some better hangers to absorb any movement or vibration?

I guess the flex portion helped allot with any movement or vibration as well. But the car is a heck of allot quieter without that nasty leak.

Back