Get wax off your vinyl trim

Cysco

Dont you hate it when you get wax all over your black vinyl trim on the car and its next to impossible to get off. The first day I got my MS3 I brought it home and gave it a proper detailing....the dealer did a crappy job. I used zymbol wax and a buffer. After I finished I noticed I got wax all over the black trim on the car...front bumper, back bumper, mirrors, etc. Nothing I did got it off. At first it looked like I cleaned it off but then the white would just come back. I went to an auto parts store to see if I could find something specific to get the wax off. When I asked the saleman he looked me straight in the eyes and said "use peanutbutter". To make a long story short it worked. Apply it like wax and rub it in, wipe it off, and rinse. The wax is gone.

Its the oils in the peanut butter so I would try useing peanut oil or a cooking oil first, lol.

Then again mothers back to black works best.

Good tip cysco

You can also apply low tack painters masking tape to the trim before polishing or waxing to prevent such issues, works really well. Especially helpful if you're using a PC

mothers back to black works great i use it every week after my wax adds in an additional 15 min, I get in to the individual holes in grill

Another suggestion is to use Zaino products. Their polish and wax products do not stain black molding. They actually say you can wax every part of your car. I just did mine. First I clay barred it windows and all, and then I threw a couple of coats of the Z2 on there. Waxed the whole thing, moldings and all, it looks great!!

zainobros.com

Later,

Then again mothers back to black works best.

I secound this statement! I use it on my truck every time with great results. Even on old dried window seals back to black makes them look new. Grant it you gotta work it in if the seals have been neglected but man it looks good when your done! I also use a detail brush to remove wax in areas like the roof rack.

Dont you hate it when you get wax all over your black vinyl trim on the car and its next to impossible to get off. The first day I got my MS3 I brought it home and gave it a proper detailing....the dealer did a crappy job. I used zymbol wax and a buffer. After I finished I noticed I got wax all over the black trim on the car...front bumper, back bumper, mirrors, etc. Nothing I did got it off. At first it looked like I cleaned it off but then the white would just come back. I went to an auto parts store to see if I could find something specific to get the wax off. When I asked the saleman he looked me straight in the eyes and said "use peanutbutter". To make a long story short it worked. Apply it like wax and rub it in, wipe it off, and rinse. The wax is gone.

wow. thats pretty cool. i was thinking about starting a thread asking about what to do. thanks for the help. i'm going to try it tomorrow when i wash my car.

I almost forgot. After you finish using the peanutbutter and rinse off...use you favorite vinyl protectant to bring back the glossy black look. I use Meguiars Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber Protectant. The stuff is awsome. It works best if you apply it with a small sponge. And the stuff isnt all oily and greasy like other products.

yeah, peanut butter works great. just a little messier than back to black.

Back