Tech package Nav question

Thinking of getting a cx7 gt with tech package.

A couple of questions:

Is there any way to get the rear view camera to turn on while you are driving, beside putting it into reverse?

What does the media button do on the navigation?

Can you play movies DVD on the nav unit?

What does the media button do on the navigation?

Nothing. The button literally does nothing. Pretty silly, eh?

Can you play movies DVD on the nav unit?

As is, no. You can buy aftermarket modifications to tap into the nav unit, however everyone is finding that that CX-7 is a real pain in the a$$ when it comes to any audio/video modifications. Unfortunately there is no clean/acceptable way to do it IMO. However, the poster ColoradoX-7 has installed this and will be posting pictures in this thread soon.

Is there any way to get the rear view camera to turn on while you are driving, beside putting it into reverse?

I'm sure there's a way to tap into the signal that tells the unit if the car is in reverse and fool it. However, I don't know of anyone who has done it.

you can put a switch to supply +12v to the reverse light wire...but you will need to isolate it with a diode so the reverse lights dont turn on. You can either tap it behind the radio, reverse lights or kick panel. T

The media is for the auxiliary Mazda iPod adapter.

The Nav player does not recognize dvd format.

I just got an idea! If you can find the rear camera input you can switch between it and a DVD player output.

I just got an idea! If you can find the rear camera input you can switch between it and a DVD player output.

So you can watch movies while driving in reverse? :p

That's seriously a good idea though, if you can somehow rig the rear cam input to engage manually instead of via the reverse gear.

Trust me on this, if you aren't attached to some of the other features that are bundled into the tech package, skip it and go aftermarket with the radio/nav. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Back