Coolant flush and which one ???????

Speed3.5

chasing electrons ..
:
16' Mazda3, MSP
I'm well over 30K mile on my MSP and for the last 2 weeks the coolant level at coolant can is at MIN. I guess I better do a coolant flush and put new one in.
The thing is the Owner's manual has three types of mixture :
1- 35% antifreeze solution + 65% water above 3 F*
2- 45% antifreeze solution + 55% water above -15 F*
3- 55% antifreeze solution + 45% water above -40 F*

In north jersey i haven't encountered temps as low as -40 so i'd say the 2nd mixture will do but ............. :
in auto part stores you find mostly 50/50 ones which you can mix w/ whatever is used in the system of the car.
The stock coolant is green and don't want to mix it w/ different color.
But to find a green one is a bit tricky as the bottles the coolant comes you can't see through.
Any one can help me w/ this one so i don't do something stupid.
thnx in adv.

I'm well over 30K mile on my MSP and for the last 2 weeks the coolant level at coolant can is at MIN. I guess I better do a coolant flush and put new one in.
The thing is the Owner's manual has three types of mixture :
1- 35% antifreeze solution + 65% water above 3 F*
2- 45% antifreeze solution + 55% water above -15 F*
3- 55% antifreeze solution + 45% water above -40 F*

In north jersey i haven't encountered temps as low as -40 so i'd say the 2nd mixture will do but ............. :
in auto part stores you find mostly 50/50 ones which you can mix w/ whatever is used in the system of the car.
The stock coolant is green and don't want to mix it w/ different color.
But to find a green one is a bit tricky as the bottles the coolant comes you can't see through.
Any one can help me w/ this one so i don't do something stupid.
thnx in adv.

i live next to montreal,and beleive me temperature change a lot between hot as hell to freezing cold,ive always had 55% antifreeze +45%water,and never had any problems,i just did mine,it runs like new....(burnout)

if you get the new premixed prestone it comes yellow and its already 50/50 i dont have a problem and i use it but ill soon change for a more performance coolant when i get more upgrades for now it will do. Oh and im from montreal 2

You can find coolant that's not pre-mixed it does cost more but if you pay attention you actually get more once you add water to it. I think pre mix is like $7 and full coolant is around $11, from what I remember.

I use prestone, they still make a 100% coolant that is green. They have a few styles I think the GM stuff is the orange.

be sure that if you're doing your own mixing to only use distilled water. Anything else can eat away and damage your radiator and such.

WalMart or any auto parts store will sell traditional green coolant either in ready to use mix or straight. You do not want to put the orange type which is GM Dexcool in your radiator, I don't care what the container says. That stuff should only be used if your car came with it from the factory. Brand name really doesn't matter, just change it every two years. You should be able to flush it with water versus a flushing agent. Unless you have some serious corrosion in there.

I bought prestone Pre-mix for mine. Yellow bottle, but green coolant. Cost was like $4.73 cause it was on clearance. :)

Picked up 3 bottles.

im at the low portion of the coolant container and its an orange color :(...

I had Mazda do a flush like 10 k ago..

Yeah right, I would end up spendind a few hundred just on gas. Though I have been wanting to go to canada ey.

Back