How much hp can our fuel system support?

chriscecc914

:
06 MS6
Anyone know how much power our stock pump and injector can support? Ill be going big turbo soon and i dont wanna run out of fuel on the dyno. Ive heard talk of a secondary fuel injector being installed but i would have no idea how to do that. Thanks

The only ways to upgrade the fuel system would be with either secondary port injection (needing a standalone ECU) or perhaps an upgraded high pressure fuel pump and injectors. Neither have been done (at least publicly).

Injectors are good to go for a while, but the fuel pump isn't going to put out the numbers people are hoping for...

Wiggum said:
Injectors are good to go for a while, but the fuel pump isn't going to put out the numbers people are hoping for...

Fuel PumpS*

The one in the gas tank is the one that could be trouble if people start going 350ish+

The one on the engine block is one that most people dream of having.

I want to say the one on the block is the problem... which ever Mazda Engineers refer to as "The High Pressure Fuel Pump"... which my assumption would be that one...

Wiggum said:
I want to say the one on the block is the problem... which ever Mazda Engineers refer to as "The High Pressure Fuel Pump"... which my assumption would be that one...

+1

Although it probably has quit abit of headroom, it is a mechanical pump so it was probably not designed to flow enough fuel to support the HP levels most of us modders would like to see(400~450 whp).

i read somewhere, i wish i could remember where, that mazda had some engineer/tuner man work up the MS6 to over 500hp on the stock fuel system. it seems like i remember reading 550hp. am i on drugs lol, did anybody else read this about the mazdaspeed6? i really can't remember where it was..or if it was even for the speed6 lol

ssinstaller said:
+1

Although it probably has quit abit of headroom, it is a mechanical pump so it was probably not designed to flow enough fuel to support the HP levels most of us modders would like to see(400~450 whp).

Even with a little headroom this fuel pump might have I doubt this engine can handle any thing over the 400 hp range. As for the speed6 with 500hp, I have heard about it but (yupnope) Its all hearsay. Just a rumor (sad2)

Chris-BE said:
Fuel PumpS*

The one in the gas tank is the one that could be trouble if people start going 350ish+

The one on the engine block is one that most people dream of having.
haha
yes!
it is high volume and high pressure. (the one in the engine bay)

I believe that Speed is a true story, the owner is the director of Mazdaspeed USA. Lives down the street from Atom44watt I think?

Anyways, his is not a stuck fuel system. He has direct port injection. But from what I have gathered, it IS a stock motor (block/head). Which is good,he must be boosting about 25lbs at least.

Back