For those with keyless entry/start

koala

:
Mazda CX-7 GT AWD
Just thought I'd give a heads up on the rare chance that someone experiences the same issue I've experienced with the keyless remotes.

The last few weeks, I noticed that my CX-7 would act quite strange... the light in the dash that reads "KEY" is supposed to light up green when it reads the remote properly. Lately, mine never would... it would always blink red. Mind you, it still started, but it would constantly blink red the entire time you drive the vehicle. It would also occasionally set off the alarm or just beep when you opened the doors while it was still running.

Sure enough, I realized this started happening at the same time that I received my key card for my condo building that I recently moved into. They were both in my wallet almost right next to each other.

I moved the condo card to a different part of my wallet (they now have about 5 credit cards and 3-4 layers of leather between each other)...

of course, now the mazda keycard is working properly again.

Just thought I'd mention this to anyone that might stumble across this for some reason.

Back