MP3 CD's not reading all folders?

dj dlux

:
CX-7 GT Platinum
Ive recently burned a few experimental CD's with a load of MP3's, just about filling a 700mb audio CD. When i load and play them in my car, it only reads a max of 4 folders (albums), even thought the capacity of the burned disc allows like 10 or 12 full albums. Has anyone else noticed this, or anything like it, with their unit?

Nope. I have 15 or 16 albums on my discs and they are 2-4 folders deep and everything plays just fine.

I wish I had an answer/solution for you... but mine seems to be working just fine as well. The latest disc I burned was about 700Mb and contained about 12 albums - all of the music was accessible and worked just fine.

Possibly try another application to format & burn from...?

My wife has tried to play MP3 burnt cd's in our 6 disc cd changer/player in our cx-7 and said it will not read the cd. It will read burnt cd's, but not mp3 burnt cd's...I'm confused...

Spoolinup said:
My wife has tried to play MP3 burnt cd's in our 6 disc cd changer/player in our cx-7 and said it will not read the cd. It will read burnt cd's, but not mp3 burnt cd's...I'm confused...

From what I understand... not *ALL* of them ship(ped) with .MP3 capabilities. Some do... some dont. It will say it on the interior bezel when you open the front-face, exposing the CD-slot... mine says MP3-CD or something like that on it. I'll try to post a pic if I remember to take one.

CX7_Scott said:
From what I understand... not *ALL* of them ship(ped) with .MP3 capabilities. Some do... some dont. It will say it on the interior bezel when you open the front-face, exposing the CD-slot... mine says MP3-CD or something like that on it. I'll try to post a pic if I remember to take one.

I don't have the Nav system, so there's no front face to flip up to expose the CD loading slit. They are all MP3 format, and I have the regular 6-disc CD changer.

Back