Mazdaspeed6 Clutch Fix TSB

delmari said:
I'd settle for ANY feel at all. I can't tell when the clutch engages at all. You definitely have to learn how this car works. if you're not idling at 1500 rpm or better at take off you're gonna kill it everytime. tried to talk to the manager today concerning my spd6. says he'll need the car to access parts. complete bull. gonna request a copy of their TSB tomorrow from the general manager.

yeah what he said sounds like :bs:

I'd tell him (fu)

they don't need your car to ORDER parts and then call you when the parts come in.... so that's crap.

i've been playing with my car at the light, I don't know about you guys but I guess I'm just use to it from driving different clutching but I am able to "slip" the clutch and rock my car back and forth (when you move forward from clutch engagement and then disengage and the car starts to roll back from neutral)

But yeah I would like BETTER engagement, I just don't want a mushy ass feeling clutch, that's all.

Taking the car in on Thursday. I half expected some sort of a run around but the Service manager seemed like a decent guy. I even mentioned the TSB and he said that he had just finished looking at it and that there shouldnt be any issues with doing the repair. I guess we'll see come Thursday!

Later,
Aaragon

Please let us know how it goes!!!!

I'd love to get this done if it means a BIG improvement over the car's feel. I'm just kinda scared to play "guinea pig" because I tend to have bad luck with certain things heh.....

Koenig said:
yeah what he said sounds like :bs:

I'd tell him (fu)

they don't need your car to ORDER parts and then call you when the parts come in.... so that's crap.

I ended up going throug another dealership. Service manager just took my info, vin # and said he'll order the parts for me. About time someone stepped up and did their job. Anyway, let us know how the new clutch feels and how long it takes to install. Mazdas TSB says it should take about 7.5 hours, dealer is sayin day to day and a half if they have any problems.

delmari said:
I ended up going throug another dealership. Service manager just took my info, vin # and said he'll order the parts for me. About time someone stepped up and did their job. Anyway, let us know how the new clutch feels and how long it takes to install. Mazdas TSB says it should take about 7.5 hours, dealer is sayin day to day and a half if they have any problems.

Dropped mine off at 0700 this morning. Got a call about 1030 saying that they didnt hall all the parts but that they were expecting them by Friday morning. According to the service guy install should be done by 5:00pm Friday. ( I have a "Type A" so they are replacing the clutch and all associated pieces) Had my wife drop me off at the dealership ( to meet the rental car rep) and saw that they already had my speed6 taken apart and were just waiting on the remaining parts.

This has been a really good experience thus far. Even though all the parts were not there today, they are on the way (from Pennsylvania Im told) and the service guy did all the rental car leg work so that was a welcome suprise.

If all goes according to plan I will post tomorrow night with an answer to the question that everyone really wants to know: " Is there a difference..."

I dont know if Im allowed to plug a particular dealership but these guys have an A so far ;)

Later,
Ed

that's retarded man....... they put out a TSB for the clutch but they're back ordered on the parts?

This is exactly why I'm waiting to hear from anyone who's already done the clutch recall......because I want to see if it's worth it to let me car sit at the dang dealer....

One thing I don't understand is why you didn't just have them order the parts and then call you when they come in........no reason to let your car sit at the dealer if they can't even do anything to it. and I highly doubt it's sitting there taken apart, I bet you could walk up and get your car and drive it home, cause it still has the "bad" clutch : \

Rawyzf said:
That is what they said from the start, but this part must be on back order or something?

Lets hope thats not the case or Im gonna be waiting right there with ya (ugh)

My service rep said that it was on its way so i dont expect any back ordering ... at least I hope not. I asked him how many people had been into the dealership for the TSB and he said I was the first so i cant imagine an overwhelming demand for the needed parts, at least not in my area. Perhaps once more MSP owners become aware of the TSB that will change. I just hope that this makes a noticable difference to the way the clutch "feels".

Koenig said:
that's retarded man....... they put out a TSB for the clutch but they're back ordered on the parts?

This is exactly why I'm waiting to hear from anyone who's already done the clutch recall......because I want to see if it's worth it to let me car sit at the dang dealer....

One thing I don't understand is why you didn't just have them order the parts and then call you when they come in........no reason to let your car sit at the dealer if they can't even do anything to it. and I highly doubt it's sitting there taken apart, I bet you could walk up and get your car and drive it home, cause it still has the "bad" clutch : \

Actually, mine is sitting there taken apart... I saw it with my own eyes. Thats why I am confident that the remaining part will be in tomorrow. As far as ordering the parts, Im not sure why they reluctant to order the parts and contact you when theyre in :s Seems to me that they would "shelf" at least one or two sets of Type A and Type B parts now that the TSB has been released.

Koenig said:

Trust me, I wouldn't leave my car there for that long. I am driving it until all the parts are in :)

All of my parts are in at the service shop. My appointment is monday to get everything fixed. let me know how that new clutch feels.

awesome you people need to post back here, your thoughts and opinions on the new clutch.......please and thank you

i called up the dealership today and they'll do it no problem and order the parts if i decide to do so. but im a little hesitant as to whether or not it will still hold the same amount of power. nobody around here knows anything about wha tpower either clutch can hold so until then i guess ill live with the stocker that i've gotten used too...but any info on holding power would be awesome if anyones got it.

dude holding power doesn't matter.... when you reach a certain HP/TRQ range, it's best to upgrade to a clutch that can support that range, and over...... I just want better grip/engagement with the clutch.... that's why I want to know about anyone's thoughts after they get their new clutch....... because I hate playing "guinea pig".... i've done it before, I just have bad luck with that : \

Status thus far...

Status thus far:

Stopped by the dealership at around 1:00 this afternoon. I went there on my way home just to see how things were going. The service rep told me that the parts had arrived at 10:30 and the techs had been busy installing siunce then. He walked me back to the bay area and what I saw next really shocked me. Not in a horrific way but in a "are you kidding me" way.

In order to replace the clutch and everything else that is needed with this TSB they had to drop the front sub frame completely; I mean it was sitting off to the side on the garage floor. The car was raised and I could see several "dangling" hoses and such. Keep in mind that the last clutch I replaced was on a 86 IROC and cars have come along way since then but Jesus ... it was a scary site. I sure the hell hope they know how to put it all back together.

Anyway, the service center rep said he wasn't sure if they would be done today and by the looks of things he's probably correct. Keeping my fingers crossed but the service dept is only open until 6:00 so I guess we'll wait and see. Keep in mind that everything had been prepped the day before so all that remained for today was to install the parts and reassembly. This is indeed a big job .... maybe 9 or 10 hours worth.

Like I said I dont know a lot about modern cars but I wonder how this is going to affect all you guys who have exhaust mods and stuff seeing as how so much has to be removed in order to replace the various pieces / parts.

So it may very well be Monday until I get my ride back but I'd rather they take there time and do it right than rush just to get it back to me before the weekend. I am almost thinking that its not worth the trouble - I mean there were so many pieces/parts removed , makes me a little nervous is all (sick)

I'll post back with updates. Have a good weekend fellas

Aaragon

I will pray for your car........ (rei)

Did you make sure to tell the service rep not to rush it? When I was getting my tints yesterday (I got some gorgeous 5 percents) the guy (whom I knew through my gf) told me he would be done in about an hour, I told him there was no rush and to take his time so it's done perfectly (2thumbs)

i'm sure your car will be ok....... they seem to know what they are doing since the service rep was nice enough to show you your car.......some places don't let you back to see your car......which is stupid.

Back