Protege5 Fiberglass Subwoofer Box

Well i might require your assitance late summer. It looks like the m3 will finally be mine in the matter of weeks. And the p5 will need some attention. I have a favor/question to ask. If you do this for me we would need to wire in a amp and the new sub since I have no other audio stuff on/in the car would this be ok? I really like this look and might pay you to do it for me :)

Wiring takes additional time, I wouldn't be able to do both in a day...but I could guide you with the wiring while I work on the fiberglass. Wiring isn't hard...it just takes time to pull all the door panels n stuff.

If a bunch of people in the New England area want to do this, we could schedule a day where I could show everyone. It really isn't difficult, but it helps to have someone beside you that has done it before.

chuyler1 said:
Wiring takes additional time, I wouldn't be able to do both in a day...but I could guide you with the wiring while I work on the fiberglass. Wiring isn't hard...it just takes time to pull all the door panels n stuff.

If a bunch of people in the New England area want to do this, we could schedule a day where I could show everyone. It really isn't difficult, but it helps to have someone beside you that has done it before.

i can do wiring (ask josh!!) anyway, we could do the work at my place as well??

I am OCD about things, and beleive me when i say "if there is a will to **** it up I WILL" lol. I do not trust myself with wiring or anything car related hence why I have not done much to the car :( but maybe during the summer we can have a weekend thing where one day its the boxes or something of the sort and the next is wiring? who knows. or multiple weekends?

It really isn't that difficult. Maybe we'll just schedule an "audio-install-day" later in the summer and if we get a bunch of people together someone can help with the wiring while I am helping with the fiberglass.

sounds good, also i am scared to ventrue into and do this on my own because it id my first time so assistance would be great :)

NEPOC install meets are an amazing thing. Many hands make light work. The most important thing is to pay attention and learn how to do stuff before it gets done.

haha, you should produce these box's and sell them. id probably purchase. i wanna learn fiberglass, but i hurry to much and mess things up

If I had a garage to work on them I would...

...but my fiberglassing schedule revolves around mother nature and my work schedule. I need daylight and no rain on a weekend...and of course when you get those two things during the summer, fiberglassing isn't the first thing you want to do with the day.

chuyler1 said:
If I had a garage to work on them I would...

...but my fiberglassing schedule revolves around mother nature and my work schedule. I need daylight and no rain on a weekend...and of course when you get those two things during the summer, fiberglassing isn't the first thing you want to do with the day.

i have a garage...we will be doing mine next, right chris? my 10 should fit okay??

I thought you had a 12"....I can make anything fit and it will certainly take up less space than your current box :)

chuyler1 said:
I thought you had a 12"....I can make anything fit and it will certainly take up less space than your current box :)

haha...you're correct, it is a 12" sub...i'll get all the materials, i just need your brain!!

Sweet. If you get everything I might be able to help you next weekend (19th or 20th)...and you can help me install some springs!

Do you have carpet/ trunk liner?

chuyler1 said:
Sweet. If you get everything I might be able to help you next weekend (19th or 20th)...and you can help me install some springs!

ya, plenty of head liner and carpet! my wife get's bad rolls (with a lot good yardage in the roll) from her business...i'll check when i get back from FL on the dates! thanks chris!

U ever think about making custom enclosures for the P5/Protege trunks and selling them?

There is no profit really unless you would consider paying upwards of $500-1000 for one of these...and working with fiberglass isn't something that I can do on a daily basis. I need to work outdoors and I don't have many free weekend days with good weather to do that.

Back