Meet - May 19th - FLASHCUBES - RENTON

ProtoType5

Contributor
:
2002 22A P5 and 2007 TR MS3
May 19th - All Mazda Meet - Flash Cubes Renton, WA
The second Mazda meet of the Spring is scheduled for May 19th at Flash Cubes in Renton. All Mazda's welcome - meet and greet.

Directions: Take 405 to 167, Right on S Grady Way. Large parking lot on the corner of S Grady Way and Talbot Rd S (right side). Across from Hyundai of Renton (more importantly up a few blocks from Pinnacle Mazda.

If your gonna be there...Add yourself to the list so I can get an idea as to the turnout...

1) Snowspd3 - MS3
2) jreeves_86 - MS3
3) Newter - MS3
4) Prototype5 - MP5
5) mplutodh1 - MS3
6) mattleegee - MS3
7) JSoriano23 -MS3

Last edited:
dang...wish I could come, but I've got a bday party on the 19th and autoX on the 20th. Oh well, hope you guys have fun, and let see some pics when you get back! =)

There is this and some of the 3 guys want to join the rotary guys on a St. Helens cruise on the 20th, Sunday.
I'll be going to the 19th meet.

Bump for more peoples....Maestro you on the MZ3FRMS list already???

Added bonus...It looks like the weather will cooperate should be partly sunny and around 60....

Yes, I am on the MZ3 forums more than here and am on the list. I blew all the extra money I was saving for the P5 on the Speed3.
See you then.

Bump for some NW interest?????

We've got alot of MS3 interest and no Protege love....

If gas keeps climbing I may take the P5 instead.
Anyone in Portland/VAncouver want to cruise up there with me let me know.

Count me in as a maybe. I have some competitions this month using my other project car from my school. I'll try to make it down with my MP3.

Pic of the project car:
Viking%2023%20-%2001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work....Electric???? How's the school up there???? I've got a Industrial design degree and did a couple transportation designs with the engineers from my University. Just wondering what it's like...

could someone tell me what "Flash Cubes" is? Im assuming its a destination/place. I would bring my P5 over there, but thats the same weekend im signed up for my motorcycle endorsement class. Maybe next time I can make the next meet. Hopefully Ill have a mintblue kit on by then, planning on purchasing it soon.

I'm acctually apart of the hybrid team. We just got back from Washington DC from an EPA design competition. The yellow one is one of 4 hyrbids we got in the Lab. It runs off of 100% bio-diesel and electric. We do hold the record for the fastest solar car, and the fastest hybrid to run on pikes peak. The program is acctually one of the perimer vehicle design/engineering on the coast. It's just that we get overlooked a whole bunch even though we have a lot of accomplishments and acknowlegements from the DOE and DOT....

anyway if you see this car driving on the freeway this weekend, honk cuz it's me

That's pretty sweet, I'll have to look into the school...Been thinking about going back....We did a solar car and solar bike assisted vehicles in school and did a 100 mile race somewhere in Oklahoma...It was a blast, even tho we got stomped...we designed ours as a transportation vehicle, for commuting, not a vehicle for winning the 100 mile race...

The Cubes is a couple office buildings in Renton that look like Flash Cubes...Right off 167...Didn't I post directions???

Just so you know we got two cars going down to the seattle area this weekend. Can't really discribe the designs of them other than the fact they look straight up weird. Like I said, the yellow one is me, the blue one is my partner.

ProtoType5 said:
That's pretty sweet, I'll have to look into the school...Been thinking about going back....We did a solar car and solar bike assisted vehicles in school and did a 100 mile race somewhere in Oklahoma...It was a blast, even tho we got stomped...we designed ours as a transportation vehicle, for commuting, not a vehicle for winning the 100 mile race...

The Cubes is a couple office buildings in Renton that look like Flash Cubes...Right off 167...Didn't I post directions???

thanks. i wasnt asking for directions though, simply an explanation as to what this Flash Cubes place was, or what you do there...

Glad to see my Alma mater is represented! WWU is an awesome school, great location and if you like the outdoors its the place to be. Got a few friends that went through or are part of the VRI - always sounded like a cool program.

Bump for more interest....Suggestions....ie...BBQ???? I'm bringing my DSLR Camera, so I'll be doing some nice photos...and can e-mail them to all who want...May bring a girl or two to model a bit if the weather is nice and my car is clean...Anyone else have any suggestions??? Right now it's basically a Meet and Greet situation to sort of get to know each other..

ProtoType5 said:
Bump for more interest....Suggestions....ie...BBQ???? I'm bringing my DSLR Camera, so I'll be doing some nice photos...and can e-mail them to all who want...May bring a girl or two to model a bit if the weather is nice and my car is clean...Anyone else have any suggestions??? Right now it's basically a Meet and Greet situation to sort of get to know each other..

Let's plan to take some "club" shots so we can get something up for the website. I still keep hoping I can find someone who will help with web development as I'm strapped for time.

I'll should be down in the area around that time. I'll drop by because I'm actually doing some part runs and stuff like that. Figure it would be a good place to take a break.

Back