Cabin air filter

eliwolter

Has anyone successfully changed this / these? I think there might be two of them. I pulled out the kick panel, trim panel to the left, and glove compartment, and can't find this (although I might not be looking in the correct place).

OK, was able to successfully do this.

For anyone else looking to do this (seems like a commonly unanswered question)... I used these instructions.

http://www.mazdaforum.com/m_40141/tm.htm

Only difference is mine (2006 touring) had 5 screws to get to it.

Also have seen more than once postings saying that the access is behind the glove compartment. This is not the case, all that you have to remove is the kick panel (above the foot well) and the trim panel to the left of the foot panel. No screws for the panels, just clips. For 2 of the screws it helps to have a short screwdriver, difficult to get at with a long straight one.

Some recommend every 15,000 miles, but I think it is up to you. The dirtier the filter gets the harder the blower works, and more chance of smells / junk slipping through.

I like the clean, odor free interior, so I will probably do every other oil change or something like that. The set of two is only about $30 here, so dosen't seem too bad.

I'm at 16k miles, so I guess I should change mine out. Can I pick them up at the dealer, or do I need to order them? I'm also due for an oil change as well so I could pick them up while I'm there (if they stock them).

Back