Shakes 'n Rattles

Jay Davidson

Contributor
:
2006 VRM Mazdaspeed6 GT, 1983 RX-7 GSL
Hey, y'all. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been lurking for about a month now. You've already answered a bunch of questions that I had, so thanks!

My first question is more for those that have had their 3's for a while. I'm seriously considering a MS3 Sport and I'm wondering about how the interior holds up. I bought my tC two and a half years and 34,000 miles ago, and it seems like every bump and expansion joint that I traverse seems to shivver me timbers, replete with squeeks and rattles and tremors. It seems like the 3 is put together better than my econo-coupe, but will I still think that after a couple years?

-Jay (Already picking out his first boost gauge...)

The MS3 is very stiffly suspended. My (ex?) girlfriend complained about it the whole ride from LA to San Francisco and back.

You can't really compare the MS3 and the regular 3 - different engine tuning, different suspension tuning, different transmissions....etc.

There are some squeaks, but you won't get the TC 'pop' from the glass sun/moonroof.

Almost 3 years...

Jay Davidson said:
Hey, y'all. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been lurking for about a month now. You've already answered a bunch of questions that I had, so thanks!

My first question is more for those that have had their 3's for a while. I'm seriously considering a MS3 Sport and I'm wondering about how the interior holds up. I bought my tC two and a half years and 34,000 miles ago, and it seems like every bump and expansion joint that I traverse seems to shivver me timbers, replete with squeeks and rattles and tremors. It seems like the 3 is put together better than my econo-coupe, but will I still think that after a couple years?

-Jay (Already picking out his first boost gauge...)

With the exception of some rattles and buzzes that were fixed by the dealer (most were TSB's) my 3S is as tight as a drum. I've owned several Mazdas and I have to say the 3 and our 5 are absolutely free of any weird noises. I'm pretty insane when it comes to noises so this is saying something.

Latest posts

Back