serrvice and wire diagram manuals M5

mapinzon

I have downloaded these manuals and want to share with interested M5 curious owners. Size is 83MB in zip format. How can I do that?

Rgs,

mapinzon

Thank You! I have been needing this badly!

(dance)

Keep Zooming!

I really hate to be a killjoy here, but I've got a suspicion that this is some type of copyright infringement. I don't think service manuals are cheap.

Sorry, I'll shut up now. (pow)

Last edited:
I think information is for use of whoever needs it ... as long as mazdadude won't sell the manual is quite ok (nailbyt) ... what are we here for anyway? to share information and get the most out of our M5s... for free... so go ahead and download it (nana) ... you may find some very interesting things to share as well.

mapinzon said:
I think information is for use of whoever needs it ... as long as mazdadude won't sell the manual is quite ok (nailbyt) ... what are we here for anyway? to share information and get the most out of our M5s... for free... so go ahead and download it (nana) ... you may find some very interesting things to share as well.

great post.. Thanks very much for all the info... so far, no find for unlocking our fuel monitoring system .. still tons of stuff to pour over!!

The engine spec is only 2.0L. Thank you for the upload. It makes search much easier.

Last edited:
mapinzon said:

Nope, I won't be reselling em, I don't have a stapler that big. (nuts)

I already have the paper versions that I purchased, which are lost right now after our move. Now I have a digital backup of them on my computer.

Keep Zooming!

We could try to check self-righteous agendas which we could be unknowingly limiting this document to the benefit of Mazda owners... couldn't we?

BTW - in Canada, file sharing is LEGAL. Keep that in mind. :)

Last edited:
Forkster said:
We could try to check self-righteous agendas which we could be unknowingly limiting this document to the benefit of Mazda owners... couldn't we?
Self-righteous agenda? sheesh... calm down :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'ld hardly call Jandree point self-righteous. Taking the complete text of a copyrighted document and posting it for download is illegal everywhere but China. Let's face it, if it was your book/song/movie etc you'ld want it protected too.

sorry

Hi there! I really don't want to create a bad climate here, and won't discuss legality in some parts of the world (rei)... that scares me. The manual is there, if you want to take a look, download it. If not, leave it where it is. I only want to tell you that I do really believe in free access to information (I'm going to buy a house and have asked for detailed blueprints, is my right). I see it as a complementary owner's manual and don't think there's any classified information. I think also that we the owner's deserve it! so enjoy. (drive)
Cheers, (drinks)

well, I must admit Mazda's asking for it by charging $125+ for a service manual! so let me hop off my soap box.....(direct) (bang)

Hey Mazdadude, please tell us if you were able to do your connections... What traffickboy is talking about is that there's a thread in M3 related to enable the trip computer when you have a version with only the clock, by pressing some buttons on the radio, but it seems that for M5 it is not the same sequence (or not possibble (sad1) ), so I have tried with two an three buttons but no success... anybody curious about it just let us know... that would be as nice as having a service manual (headbang)

mapinzon said:
Hey Mazdadude, please tell us if you were able to do your connections... What traffickboy is talking about is that there's a thread in M3 related to enable the trip computer when you have a version with only the clock, by pressing some buttons on the radio, but it seems that for M5 it is not the same sequence (or not possibble (sad1) ), so I have tried with two an three buttons but no success... anybody curious about it just let us know... that would be as nice as having a service manual (headbang)

Yes, with it I was able to verify my VSS connection for my radio, I did this by looking at the diagrams from the Navigation system and seeing where the get the signal from. This also helped me locate the reverse signal as well, which I will use when I connect the reverse cam.

As far as unlocking the trip computer, I would have to say that there is no such thing on our Mazda5 units. I tried it as well, but no luck. There are some diagnostic functions listed in the manual, but no trip computer.

It's not like I'm trying to put anyone behind bars here... my comment was simply an FYI for the original poster in case he had a 2nd thought and now wanted to remove it. He doesn't want to, no skin off my back, situation under control.

Back to discussing the contents of the service manual. (RTM)

Quote: "As far as unlocking the trip computer, I would have to say that there is no such thing on our Mazda5 units. I tried it as well, but no luck. There are some diagnostic functions listed in the manual, but no trip computer."

... The only hope I see for the trip computer being in our head units... is that I believe the mazda 5's in the uk have this feature.. we need some brits to chime in here... i will call a uk dealership eventually, try to get a hold of their service department and see if there is a sequence (if we have the darn thing) to activate... we'll see

Service Proceedures/Specs?

I browsed the info..great stuff on equipment descriptions etc. !!! I didn't find any service proceedures etc. I'm lookin at buyin a Mazda 5 and wanted to get a feel for service requirements proceedures etc so I could estimate cost of ownership. I see some +/- in this info..plus timing chain so no belt replacement..minus valve adjustment by changing tappets!!! yikes this is old school...how often does Mazda reccomend checkin/adjusting valve clearance? That's gotta cost since you have to pull cam to change tappets! Throwback to the 1960's (Alfa DOHC motors had same adjusting proceedure) even the ol VW Rabbit motors allowed you to adjust with shims so no cam removal!

Back