Camber Change = Toe Change?

nazgul350r

:
03 MSP & 08 CX-9 GT
I am buying some caber bolts. My question is that when adding camber what will it do to my toe? I had the car aligned six months ago when I rotated the struts, the toe was set in the middle of the factory range.

I could be (and probably am) wrong, but Changing your camber shouldn't affect toe at all... Unless you install something drastically wrong.

They will be to the max so no point in getting an alignment for the camber. Just want to make sure the toe will not go to hell on me. BC if it doesnt that means no alignment. read cheap.

An increase in negative camber will increase toe in. I'm not sure how quickly the toe changes with camber, but if you are maxing out camber bolts you will need to re-set the toe.

I had front camber bolts last season and I had the camber set-up @ -2.5.
When I removed them my 1/16" toe-out set-up became noticeable toe-in.

I strongly suggest you get your car aligned profesionally when installing camber bolts because you might chew up your front tires.
I did on my previous car when switching for winter.

when u aligne a car u do caster, camber, then toe start at the rear then go to the front. caster will change all of them camber will only change toe but if your thrust angle in the back is off u cant get the front right.

Gobbracing said:
I had front camber bolts last season and I had the camber set-up @ -2.5.
When I removed them my 1/16" toe-out set-up became noticeable toe-in.

I strongly suggest you get your car aligned profesionally when installing camber bolts because you might chew up your front tires.
I did on my previous car when switching for winter.

This is the setup I was going for.

Thanks everybody for the info.

koolers said:
when u aligne a car u do caster, camber, then toe start at the rear then go to the front. caster will change all of them camber will only change toe but if your thrust angle in the back is off u cant get the front right.
Bingo!

I just started on doing my own alignments...
recently I got a set of longacre toe plates, longacre caster and camber gauge, 1.5ton turntables, and a water tube level.

hopefully I'll be moving along quickly.

Back