CX-7 TSB (Technical Service Bulletins)

Hi guys,
I just went to the dealer for this recalls Mazda sent us and I had some other issues with my advanced RKE. They did the firmware updates based on the recalls and for the RKE they first told me that everything is normal. After 3 hours they realized that my power inverter caused the troubles with the RKE and they charged me 70$ for the labor. I complained and asked for a refund. After a hour they found that there is a TSB about this problem with the after market power inverters connected in the car. The bad news is that there is no fix. Here is the attached TSB, I hope it will be useful for somebody (my symptoms were exactly the same as the described in the TSB) :)

Attachments

• MTOL-5543.pdf
    381.4 KB · Views: 1,481
Last edited:
Rear Brakes Squeek in cold tsb

I have this problem. went to dealer when at 30,000 mi and the said its only under the 12,000 mi waranty coverage. I thought tsb's were done if customer has issue with the problem. Not whether in warranty. And I thought the warranty is 36k miles bumper to bumper. Any thoughts?

I thought TSB were covered for the basic warranty 3/36? TSB are available to those people having issues that are covered by TSBs. In addition: I have read that TSBs are for mechanics help information and can be charged $$ for but, usually not if within the basic warranty period. Maybe someone who works at a Mazda dealer will enlighten us and if not I would call the district service representative.

Squeeky brakes tsb

The customer service person at Mazda said the District rep would give me a one time courtesy adjustment to fix this no cost. But that is not under 3/36 warranty.

Should be a tsb for leaking door seal

On the front doors, only when parked, and raining, water leaks in through the small gap in front of outside mirror and glass, collects on rubber door seal, goes behind it, follows it down door and drips out where door panel meets metal and then puddles on sill plate. Mazda engineers just informed me through dealership that water on sill is normal and that unless it gets over onto carpet there is nothing they will do!
There currently is a tsb for the rubber on the bottom of body behind doors to keep water and dirt from getting up in this area from below. Why not one for the top part????

I have never, ever seen a car do this and it be normal, ever!(chair)

The top part of the door does not have a problem.

The problem my car had was the lower seal just went straight out leaving a gap between the seal and the door letting water, wind and noise in.

The new seals Mazda installed fixes the dirty door jam problem.

Reflash for hesitation

I did this flash, and after, yes it did make it stay in 6th more on the hwy....but the flip side is overheating. Not driving overheating but the stay in 6th more causes the turbo to work alot harder thus creating way more heat. After shutdown even with 1-2 min idle, the heat soak pegs the temp gauge to hot and that's 250 deg! It only does this after up a hill or towing, but its there to some degree normal driving, and dangerous for the turbo, head gasket, etc. Right now Mazda has no plans to fix this issue. Hopefully before it blows my head gasket or ruins my turbo. Turbo's are supposed to get hot but NOT Orange Hot.
!

yea, from a stop hit the gas, if ur car hesitates noticably (no power delivery in the 1-2k range then u get a kick in the pants burst) then they didnt do it. also, on the highway, ur car should stay in 6th gear more and the tranny wont jump around as much

Does anyone have a copy of the TSB for engine noise upon acceleration TSB 01-041/08. I have looked all over online and can not find this one.(ugh)
Finally found it. It deals with severe engine knock on 2007 CX-7 when using
91 or less octane fuel. Here it is

Attachments

• 01-041-08-CX-7.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 992
Last edited:
Ok. I hope everyone here has the best warranty that you can buy. The timing chain issue is no joke. It has failed on more than one occasion. Check edmunds.com at this linkhttp://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f1826a6/0

Just received the letter from Mazda entitled "2007-2010 CX-7, 2007-2010 Mazda 3, 2006-2007 Mazdaspeed6 - L3T Engine Variable Valve Timing Noise and Timing Chain Noise Warranty Extension Program - Special Service Program (SSP) 87".

Sounds like their has been excessive failures and Mazda is extending the warranty to 7 years from the original start date or 70,000 whichever comes first. If you've snapped a timing chain and ruined engine or are experiencing the noise, Mazda will repair the car for free. If you've paid thousands for a new engine due to this problem, Mazda may reimburse you.

Here's the first page of the letter.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3293653/Mazda CX-7 Warranty Extension.jpg

is there a tsb for headlight assembly and condensation inside of them.

my passenger side headlight now has that.

thanks.

Wow, lots of good info here. Thanks to all keeping up with it and the updates.
I'm new to the CX-7 so I'm swimming upstream at present.

I've noted the oil looks very dark if indeed the sticker is correct (assuming the dealer did a fresh LOF) as the windshield decal notes. If I recall, I'm at less than 1000 miles on it and it had 20 miles on the oil (supposedly) when we bought it.
So far, I've read of;
Sludgy motors/turbo related to the PCV set up -
Timing chain issues -
Various TSB updates -
Much consensus that oil changes be shorter duration and miles than most other engines (3000 - 5000 miles).
Many reporting that frequency negates their choosing more expensive oil like the synthetic or syn blends.

As a one month owner of a pre-owned, the only issues I see at present is darker oil than I'm used to and the SES light came on for about 10 days. I assumed it was the gas cap thing but not for sure.

Back