Corrugated EGR tubing?

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
I recall someone posted a picture in the past where they used some kind of corrugated metal hose to use as their own EGR pipe, complete with fittings and all. Does anyone remember the post/have more info on what to use?

That's what I was told, but I couldn't find the post to save my life.

Found the post:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2049111&postcount=19

---------------------------------------------
tekkie vbmenu_register("postmenu_2049111", true);

Car: Spicy MSP
Donated: $20

thanks for starting this thread ForceFed :)

I finished the install last night, but I have a small vacumn line isssue, I think when I clamped down my brake booster I did it to hard and crushed it :(

but regardless of that I got the car all fired up and its running, not running good though because the emanage does not see the vacumn

but I will be fixing that tonight and posting up the completed project :)

obviously with the vacumn line problem I could not drive it but that should be a quick fix

And for the EGR I came up with a different plan if it works which I think it will its a cheap fix, its a stainless steel gas line for a dryer, fireplace etc. I dont know how well this will hold up against the heat but I think it should do the job, and its nice and flexible so installing it is way easier than the EGR pipe.

this is a pic as an example, the one I have was just a couple inches longer than the egr pipe so it fit pretty well
a5_1.JPG

More of tekkie's pics...

tekkie said:
here is what you need, left side 1/2" flare, right side is 5/8" flare on the top one, and 5/8" on the bottom one, the pipe I used is 1/2" SS

Attachments

• IMG_2832-vi.jpg
    IMG_2832-vi.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 929
  • IMG_2837-vi.jpg
    IMG_2837-vi.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 967
  • IMG_2839-vi.jpg
    IMG_2839-vi.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 914
  • IMG_2844-vi.jpg
    IMG_2844-vi.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 799
I think I might have to try this, im tired of my cel being on all the time. Gotta clear that code and my second o2 sensor code.

I thought ProtegeGarage Sold an EGR tube?

Do you have to get one of his manifolds in order, to buy a tube from him or something?

yea, Im gonn have to do this as well, right now my exhaust mani is tapped with a hardline running from the tap into a silicon material tube with a clamp...it leaks like hell...

Protege garage sells one, I have their manifold but I didnt get the EGR pipe. If this works though its a cheaper alternative. Im going to lowes tomorow to pick up the parts. As long as its not raining ill probably get it on tomorow.

_Sloteg_ said:
I thought ProtegeGarage Sold an EGR tube?

Do you have to get one of his manifolds in order, to buy a tube from him or something?

You can get the EGR tube from him, but the corrugated piping could save you a lot of time and aggrivation. Trust me.

baconbitz said:
Protege garage sells one, I have their manifold but I didnt get the EGR pipe. If this works though its a cheaper alternative. Im going to lowes tomorow to pick up the parts. As long as its not raining ill probably get it on tomorow.

Not sure if lowe's carries the parts, but if they do, post the part number and such here.

Kooldino said:
Not sure if lowe's carries the parts, but if they do, post the part number and such here.
Lowes and Home Depot both should carry the Gas piping.

I just got back from lowes with the tubing. I bought a kit that came with the connectors I needed as far as i know. Ill let you guys know how it works when the car cools down and I have a chance to get it on. I found it in the appliance section at lowes.

Kooldino said:
You can get the EGR tube from him, but the corrugated piping could save you a lot of time and aggrivation. Trust me.

Sweet I'll take your word for it!

If you could list a parts list/part number's after you get everything sorted out that would be awesome!

The 626 IM will be one of the next mod's that I do to the car.....

Thanks

I went out and discovered that one of the connectors that came in my kit is just a bit to small so im going out and buying another connector tomorow.

subbin, def intrested in this. it was a bit switching out the egr pipe when i got it with the pg im

Back