Broke Pipe.. Any Help is Appreciated..

Metallic36

:
2003 Mazda6 3.0L Speed Yellow
Long story.. I'm trying to do everything myself and really don't know too much about it. Anyway, I was trying to get down to my wastegate, attempted to take off the vacuum hose from the plastic pipe that attaches to the SMIC. While pulling and twisting, the plastic thing on the side of the pipe cracked. I'm probably SOL right now, huh? I'm wanting to do a FMIC anyway.. from the crack in the pipe I'm assuming I can't do anything until I either get a new pipe or do something else. Just need some help with names of stuff so I know what I'm looking for. If anyone could list the names of these things, I'd greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately I'm the only one around this area that has an import, nobody knows anything so I'm pretty much on my own. I probably sound like an idiot, but I guess I have to start somewhere. I found this photo and edited it a little.. numbered it also for the parts that I'm not too sure about.. of course #1 in red with the arrow shows the part of the plastic pipe that I cracked. I'm assuming #4 is the MAF..

~Jennifer

Last edited:
if the crack isnt too bad you could probably duct or electrical tape it heavily and it will be ok. I actually have a stocker set of pipes im trying to sell, but since you are getting a FMIC you may as well hold out until you get em.

did you break the "nipple" off the Intercooler pipe completely or did you break the actual nipple?

i've broken it clean off before. i used some super crazy glue to hold it back on, it worked for a while, but didn't trust it, so i got some hardpipes. but it can be repaired. jbweld could work too, but make sure you let it sit overnight to dry.

On the nipple, I cracked it where it connects to the pipe itself.. it's still attached 2/3 of the way.

(werd) I broke it clean off but I had some airplane grade epoxy and put that b**** back on....no more issues since...
ChopstickHero said:
i've broken it clean off before. i used some super crazy glue to hold it back on, it worked for a while, but didn't trust it, so i got some hardpipes. but it can be repaired. jbweld could work too, but make sure you let it sit overnight to dry.

Metallic36 said:
On the nipple, I cracked it where it connects to the pipe itself.. it's still attached 2/3 of the way.
couple of us have done that, thats why there is really only one hot pipe floating around the atlanta area. It is my pipe but it has been spread around to a couple different people now. You can JB Weld it and to answer your numbering diagram. 1 = BPV nipple 2= BPV hose 3= BPV and yes 4= the MAF

Save yourself and JB weld it, then buy a SAMCO replacement pipe and you can resell it for nearly the same price once you are ready to do the FMIC. The SAMCOs are nice and worth it for just the hot pipe and resale is likely.

JB weld it and let it dry over night. Clean both mating surfaces will solvent prior to JBing and it will not come apart again.

Back