E-brake light turns on when i brake...

NinjaSYXX

:
Mazda Protege 5
So yea, the topic says it all basically, just recently every time i brake on my car the E-brake light goes on, anything i can do to prevent this from happening? Anywhere i have to check in specific? It goes off when i start accelerating, it kinda weirds me out if there's something wrong w/ the brakes or something overall.

i noticed this happening when my pads got really low but i replaced them and it stopped happening. i think it's because the fluid level gets to a low enough level when you brake with that little meat on your pads, that it triggers the light. hope this helps.

sweet! thanks a lot, that's kinda what i've been thinking, i haven't replaced the brake pads since i got the car (they were new when i got the car) i'll invest in it for sure.

Go to the dealer and be like how come this light comes on, last time I did that, just added more fluid to my car for free and that solved the problem, it's been like 20k miles since.

My brake light came on after owning the car for about a year and a half. I just had to top off the brake fluid.

Back