Roll down the windows with Fob

EvilFurby

:
Mazda CX-7 GT
I was playing around with my Key Fob yesterday and I was holding down the Unlock button and my front seat windows and sun roof opened up. The dealer didn't mention this feature to me at all. Just thought I would post this find for those whom didn't know. I'd love to know any other small little wonders like this; others may have found.

-Dave

Yup, it's in the manual ;) -- I read about it, but haven't had a chance to try it. You can also close them remotely too.

I knew about it. It ithink it is kinda cool. I am such a geek...I researched the CX7 for months before I bought one ( I even downloaded the manual ).

How do you close them remotely? Lock button? Also on what page in the mannual.. I probably skimmed over it and missed it.

okay - anyone remember how to CLOSE them remotely...? Back in the fall, I remember walking away from my car in the parking-lot at work and just trying the "open windows & sunroof" trick... and it worked!

But...

For the life of me, I couldn't figure-out how to CLOSE them again using the remote. Tried all different kinds of combinations... including repeating the "open" sequence. Nothing. Had to walk-back to my car, get in, turn the key-knob and close them manually. :)

I just never got around to reading-up on how to reverse the function.

It all starts on page 3-39 in the manual.
From the manual:

"Press the unlock button on the transmitter
and hold it. After the doors and the
liftgate are unlocked, the windows fully
open automatically."

I was wrong about closing them remotely. You can't. If you have the advanced key, you can close them when your outside the vehicle, but not with the remote.

"Press the request switch on the driver's
door and hold it. After the doors and
the liftgate are locked, the windows
close while the request switch is
pressed."

Back