Turn Signal MIRRORS

Int3grity said:
if anyone has done this already can you please post pictures

Yeah I got them - pics posted under the other thread HERE <- click

And no, there where no plugs or wires, but they do look sweet (eekdance)

You say there were no plugs or wires, but they do look sweet.

Does that mean you just linked them to the power mirror power so they are on all the time, or you pulled the wires from somewhere????

AWmustang said:
You say there were no plugs or wires, but they do look sweet.

Does that mean you just linked them to the power mirror power so they are on all the time, or you pulled the wires from somewhere????

They are fully functional :rolleyes:

just linked them to the power mirror power

what where you thinking? (screwy)
I mean do they come on only when you heat the rearwindow or adjust the mirror angle ?!? (rlaugh)

Dont worry, if the mirror has wires for heating and motors then there is room for a turnsignal wires also. :cool:

Dalton said:
They are fully functional :rolleyes:

what where you thinking? (screwy)
I mean do they come on only when you heat the rearwindow or adjust the mirror angle ?!? (rlaugh)

Dont worry, if the mirror has wires for heating and motors then there is room for a turnsignal wires also. :cool:

I was thinking that there was a wire going to the mirrors that was hot all the time? And that you just hooked them up as running lights.

AWmustang said:
I was thinking that there was a wire going to the mirrors that was hot all the time? And that you just hooked them up as running lights.

Yeah - (wink)

BTW - only white running lights allowed in EU

Dalton:

Could you describe specifically what you did to hook these up? You say they are fully functional. Did you splice into a turn signal wire - and if so, where was that wire at and how hard is it to get to?

I think we'd all appreciate some straightforward details. If you've posted them somewhere, or could post them here, that'd be great. Thanks!

^Dalton, Good work. I just bought a CX-7 for the wife and will be installing these very soon. Please get a how-to or DIY up for everyone who is not so inclined to tackle this without one. I don't need it but there are alot of ppl who could benefit. If I get my wife's done anytime soon I'll do it, but until then you're all we've got.

jmhumr, I haven't had time to take apart the car yet as it is only a couple of days old so I can't help with wire colors. But I've done this to other cars and all you have to do is splice a wire from your front turn signals (or rear) to run to the positive wire on the LED's on those mirrors. The hardest part is running the wire into the door.

jmhumr, I haven't had time to take apart the car yet as it is only a couple of days old so I can't help with wire colors. But I've done this to other cars and all you have to do is splice a wire from your front turn signals (or rear) to run to the positive wire on the LED's on those mirrors. The hardest part is running the wire into the door.

Thanks man! I'd appreciate any info you can provide if you get the time to dig into that project.

You only really have to run 1 wire. The positive wire from the turn signal. The ground wire can be tapped somewhere in the door, or just ground to metal.

I'm going to install these this weekend.
It seems like I'll run wires from headlights unless I'll get some info from somebody who has the wiring diagram.

BTW, does anybody have instructions how to install/remove door panels?

Back