install?

reynoldsrobbie

Contributor
:
2015 Mazda 3 iTouring sedan
I have a question, I am getting my carbon fiber hood tomorrow along with carbon fiber wide body kit from DG. Is the hood gonna be a one person job? Or should I take it to a shop? Does anyone know of anyone runnning the DG wide body kit?

hoods are a two man job... I wouldn't take it to a shop though, you can do it on your own with a buddy to help.. Thats all depending on the quality of the hood.. some fit nice, and some are an awful fit.

The hardest part about installing them is getting them lined up correctly...

hey,

put it on the car and line it up with out the latch first, once you have it aligned on the hinges then worry about the latch.

Matt

Two or three people job. Three people if the other 2 are girls.
I changed my hood out in a parking lot and swapped it to my riends p5 when I traded mine in lol. Not hard, but alittle time consuming, actually I think the stocker was harder to get on now that I think bout it

It sucks that when I get my stuff it rains????? WTF? Just my luck. It looks like it might be clear today, so Ill see if my bro can help me with my hood. The only thing I got done so far is removing the molding off of one side (need to remove for wide body kit). I bet it took me a good hour and a half to get the sticky crap off of the one side.

ok,
i installed my hood and my redline goods cutom shift boot along with the b&m short shifter. Sorry shes dirty it rained last night!

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 254
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 200
Get on MOCCforums.com They are local to California and can help when you need an extra hand. I live in San Diego county myself.
I like the look you got going. I used to work for DG. I can help on some things.

A couple more pics...

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 204
boostdprotegelx said:
rock chips on the front bumper FTL

don't listen to him, typical asshole move

anyhow, I think its extremely unique and clean. in five years i've never seen any like it. it's great how two good choices in parts can set you apart from the rest of the bunch like that.

what are the wheels?

ghetto waggon said:
don't listen to him, typical asshole move

anyhow, I think its extremely unique and clean. in five years i've never seen any like it. it's great how two good choices in parts can set you apart from the rest of the bunch like that.

what are the wheels?
way to call me basically an asshole. there was no wrong tendancies there buddy. it sucks to have a nice car and have rock chips. HAVE YOU SEEN MY CAR? it looks like s***. i don't go around telling people their stuff is s***. whatever.

if you saw my earlier post about how much i liked it and wanted more pictures.

Its cool guys! Yeah, Ive got chips. Thats what happens with a daily driver. After the holidays I need to go back to the body shop that did the repairs after I fwrecked it, and see if theyll reshoot the front since they were supposed to redo the edges of the fenders (since Ive covered them up).
As for the wheels they are Sportmax 962's 18" in gunmetal w/polished lip.
I was trying to for something different with my car. Thats why I didnt get a civic in the first place.
Do you guys think if I put any more CF it would be overkill?

Also, what is FTL?

reynoldsrobbie said:
Its cool guys! Yeah, Ive got chips. Thats what happens with a daily driver. After the holidays I need to go back to the body shop that did the repairs after I fwrecked it, and see if theyll reshoot the front since they were supposed to redo the edges of the fenders (since Ive covered them up).
As for the wheels they are Sportmax 962's 18" in gunmetal w/polished lip.
I was trying to for something different with my car. Thats why I didnt get a civic in the first place.
Do you guys think if I put any more CF it would be overkill?

Also, what is FTL?
For the lose.

FTW-for the win

anyways man. it's all in what you like. i've got cf side mirrors, cf hood, cf trunk, and i'm getting the eyelids in cf as well as a couple interior cf piece.

Back