WTB- rear protege5 shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRCprotege

:
03 Protege5 91 miata
as needed rear protege5 shocks ,stock,used,performance,etc.. has to be protege5/ES, I AWR swaybar and needs the beefy brackets..

WRCprotege said:
as needed rear protege5 shocks ,stock,used,performance,etc.. has to be protege5/ES, I AWR swaybar and needs the beefy brackets..
i have a set of rear stock shock from my MP5, with only 15,000 miles on them i will post a photo soon. he is my zip so u can check on shipping cost 60164.

I don't think the stock Protege5 struts have the stronger endlink tabs you are looking for. Only the MSP/MP3 stock struts have them.

WRCprotege said:
hummm, well then mabey i was mistaken about that.. so i guess any rear strut will do

Are you using the AWR 21.5mm rear bar? If so you would probably want the Tokico blues or better. It also has a lot to do with how tight you run the swaybar.

I ran the Progress 22mm sway bar for couple of years with stock struts & endlinks with no problems before getting tokico illuminas but if autoXing or for any all out craziness I would suggest something more than stock endlinks/struts. Warning...this car can handle itself to death from oil starvation so the old 400.00 AWR oil pan might be a wise investment if you're gonna make that much use of how much handling this car has, especially after suspension mods.

yep, on my 2nd motor due to that.. and a have the AWR rear bar and have had no problem on the stock p5 shocks, other than i just killed one..but i though i read that you have to have at least ES shocks due to the mounting tabs being strong enogh to handle the after market bar, xelderx thinks ther all the same till you get tockicos..i use to have the tockico blues and they where a little better, but the rear spring mount was about 1 inch lower making me ride on the bump stops, i had the coils up as far as possable and still was 1 inch away.. now im still 1 inch away and the car is much lower in the rear and the handling is much tighter and more balanced.. i just need to find short tube shocks, but for now just stock will do

i still have them if u want them, there seating in storage above the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back