possible vacuum leak?

Tzar177

Contributor
i recently threw a CEL for bad idle again. when i accelerate, i notice a whistling type sound. the more i accelerate, the louder the whistling. is this the air escaping from holes/cracks in the vacuum lines?

sure is, thats what happened with me. i heard the same whislting from mine and i pin pointed it to the boost gauge line. the next day i purchased some 4mm silicone vacuum hose and its all better! a must!

MSP#735 said:
sure is, thats what happened with me. i heard the same whislting from mine and i pin pointed it to the boost gauge line. the next day i purchased some 4mm silicone vacuum hose and its all better! a must!

Thanks. Does anyone have a diagram of all the vacuum lines? might just go ahead and replace all/most of them. i seen somewhere on this forum that someone mentioned there was a diagram on the ********** forums but i've been unable to find it

found it on ********** forums but its kinda generic and for the msp...how would it differ for the mp3?

it would be close, i dont think theres any mp3 specific kits so your gonna have extra anyhow. jdm sam sells samco hose, its realy nice, thats what i used.

from *************.com

Samco Silicone Vacuum Lines Special Order Colors

High quality silicone
10ft roll per pack
Used in our MSP! Highly recommended!
5/32" yellow currently in stock in limited quantities
Please e-mail us to check stock
MSP requires the following to replace the factory vacuum lines
2 packs 3.5mm (5/32") - majority of vacuum lines on intake manifold
1 pack 4mm (3/16") - wastegate actuator and emissions lines
1 pack 6.35(1/4") - PCV and crankcase ventilation

Which ones could i do without since i dnt have an MSP?...i know i dnt need for wastegate....

well the CEL and whistling went away after a few days and the idle has returned to normal. it does this from time to time.....so could it still be a vac line?

Back