Has anyone replaced a Seat Belt Reciever?

Robot Romeo

Contributor
:
02.5 P5
I think that's what it's called. The red part of the reciever that says "push" broke on the driver's seat. So I have to plug my seat belt into the passengers for now. My warranty is up and Mazda said that it is not covered by anything else. So I have to buy one and install it. Has anyone replaced that before? Do I have to dismantle the whole seat to replace that? Or should I just let the stealership mess with it? (dunno)

Robot Romeo said:
I think that's what it's called. The red part of the reciever that says "push" broke on the driver's seat. So I have to plug my seat belt into the passengers for now. My warranty is up and Mazda said that it is not covered by anything else. So I have to buy one and install it. Has anyone replaced that before? Do I have to dismantle the whole seat to replace that? Or should I just let the stealership mess with it? (dunno)

You'll probably have top replace the whole buckle. It mounts to the seat under the plastic cover. just remove the plastic cover and you should be able to unbolt it and bolt the new buckle on.

Back