Help! Blowing Fi Fuse

CBIGGS

i have tried everything,
2002 protege 5

the FI fuse keeps blowing (30 amp, under hood)

the water temp guage is all the way up, but if i replace the fuse it goes down, car will start up and run for 30 sec. then pop the fuse and die....

any ideas at all, checked all the wiring, no burnt, no grounding.....

maybe someone has had this problem,

thanks in advance, i must get this car running,,,, mazda in town says they have never heard of it....

p.s. its 5 speed car

gimpo2 said:
did you install anything?

i replaced the engine about 3k miles ago, all was fine untill now...

all the car has is a short ram intake and some crap exhaust, nothing else....

i changed the water temp sensor just to make sure, then i found the fuse...

weird. have you checked your engine wiring harness to see if it has been chafed? maybe something started rubbing against it and is shorting a wire out

i have checked as far as i could, without pulling the motor, everything looks fine, i pulled the fuse box as well and didnt see anything unusual

thanks for the fast replys, i didnt expect it

just figured something else out.... it seems to not blow the fuse if i pull both the fan fuses....??? might just be cowinkidink....any ideas

chris

same type of thing was happening to me also and it took forever and a gazillion fuses. mine was a wire that the insulation had worn thin and was shorting itself out. just look around and move wires around, just a hint. good luck

Last step is to check for resistances across the pins at each connection... You need a schematic and patience...

Back