Metra 99-7505 Radio install kit

c3max

I recently purchased a Metra 99-7505 install kit for my '03 Protege5 from CircuitCity. The guys there assured me it was the correct kit and this forum said it was the correct model. I opened the bag it came in and it had screw tabs on the sides of the face. After I got the factory radio out, I realized there was nowhere to attach these tabs. After being reassured that this was the correct kit, I decided that the tabs had to be optional so I broke them off. After I broke the tabs off it crossed my mind that I may have gotten the wrong kit in the wrong bag. I held the kit up to the opening and it was too wide.

I'm afraid that I have just lost my money because this kit is not going to fit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-C

i've got an old pocket i used before i bought the speed pocket. i'll give it to you for like 5 bucks plus shipping. i'll never use it again and i customed the sides a bit so they won't break off ever. if you're intrested, pm me.

The Mazdaspeed Protege / Protege MP3 radio pockets are the ONLY way to go! The Metra and Scosche kits are both garbage.. I had both and ugh!

yup I had scosche and it was crap... the radio just sat on top of a pocket and vibrated like hell. get an MSP pocket and the bar that creates 2 single din slots, then reuse the rubber stopper from the back of the stock radio to mount things right.

My pocket is on top, and the rubber mount is in the back where it's supposed to be. No vibrations with mine.

I agree with everyone else though, the stock pockets are the way to go.

wmbeaver said:
know where i could get a stock mp3 pocket?

just for future reference

i'd watch here for one for sale. they sell for like 100 bucks brand new from a dealer. i got mine here for about 40, if i remember correctly. it may take a while.

you could also post in the WTB section and maybe get a few bites.

I've heard that this happens alot (i.e. wrong kit in the wrong bag) with the Metra kits, the 99-7505 in particular. I ended up taking it back, and they exchanged it for me with no problems. With the correct kit in hand, I installed this radio in 5 minutes.

-C

Back