How much did you pay for your Mazda 3?

Granted, this is for a new 2003 Protege5, not a 3, but I paid $12,700 for a car that stickered at $18,100. Brand new, exactly the color and options I wanted. Perfect. They had one of those price leaders in the paper at $11,999 that sells immediately or doesn't really exist. I wanted a car at that price, but they said it was long gone. But the only option I wanted over a base model cost $700, so I said I wouldn't pay more than $700 over the price of that base model car. And I got it!

And, about that article on dealer add-ons like rustproofing and extended warranties and salesmen who size you up for vulnerability. I was thinking I bet I could use that against them. One of the first things to ask the salesman would be about the warranty or rust protection on these cars. He may or may not say the dealer can extend it. If so, I would act like I'm very interested in doing that, so they will think they'll be getting an extra $1500-$2000 in back sales. They may be more lenient on the actual selling price of the car if they know they'll be getting money from me later. Then, when the paperwork time comes, I'll decide against those extras.

Anyone want a new Speed3 for $15,888?

If you are in Northern California, you might want to check this out:

In this morning's San Jose Mercury there is an advertisement by Almaden Masda for a "New '07 Mazda 3 Hatchback" for $15,888, and the picture in the ad is for a MazdaSpeed3. Now, I am sure you would have a big fight on your hands, but you might make the case you want the car in the picture for that price or make a claim for false advertising.

Have fun and let me know how it goes.

Got a Speed3 GT with homelink rearview and mats for $24K even. Put down 3 grand and got $200 for my POS trade in which was worth about $300

I got mine for exactly MSRP plus destination charge. ($22,835) I was extremely pleased with this however, because they offered me $2000 more than my trade in (a Mazda 3i) was worth. The salesperson was only there for 2 months, and his manager was pissed. Not my problem though, but I am sure he learned a valuable lesson.

MS3 GT True Red. paid 26K. and i dont regret spending not even 1 cent of it. granted the payments are like 517 a month but oh well. just gotta refinance in a year. i also had a question about my car. does it have heated seats or no? is it an option? cuz during the winter i want my butt to be nice and warm. not frigid cold

mine was $26051 out the door, for a Mazdaspeed3 GT w/ Navigation

it was 24,7xx before tax tag and title...

i paid dealer invoice by the way (bird) (idhitit)

Should I buy?

The dealer is asking $15,495 for a 2008.5 mazda3 hatchback, manual transmission, no sunroof pretty basic. Is that a fair price? Doesn't include tax and fees. They only have 2 left and they want to get them off the lot to get 2009's in, but I am having a hard time telling if it's a good price or just an average price that's just ok?

Back