How much did you pay for your Mazda 3?

ZoomVT said:
Madsoccer and myles welcome to the forum.
madsoccer dont worry about tsunami, he is from Maine; i guess they dont have sunrooms up there. lol. By the way that sounds like a pretty good deal; is that a Touring model?

Myles that doesnt sound too bad of a deal either; i am having a hard time with the conversions and it seems the mo payments are high but then i remember they are in canadian dollars so there is a difference. That car you picked up is basically the one i want, but i would have not bought all the extra stuff the dealer upsells you. Rustproof and extended warranty FTL.
Congratulations and show some pics!

Well, picked the little sucker up today. Not completly impressed, (with the dealership, not the car), they screwed up the tinting, scratched the dash, put new plates on when I wanted to use my old ones. WTF. I love the car, but I'm seriously pissed off with this dealership.:mad:

Enough ranting, the car is amazing, quick, smooth, nimble, feels like a Benz inside. Looks great on the outside, not counting the tint job.

And before you ask how the FU'd the tinting, I wanted 35% all the way from the A pillars back. They did the typical 35% front / 20% back, which to my eyes makes any car look like it's trying to be a limo. If I wanted to be in a limo all the time, I'd have tried harder to become a millionaire...

As for the rustproof/extended warranty, my wife insisted upon it and as long as she has the cookie, I'll have to go along with that. But I do like the sound proofing that came with the rustproof, worth every penny.

And the extended warranty helps when you have a daily 120 km (75 mile) commute to work, I easily put 45000 km a year on my cars.

Now it may not seem like it, but I am very very impressed with this car, I am actually still in shock. I can't really believe I own this thing.

If it ever stops raining, I'll get some pics up for you to see.

cool man, this car is very impressive to new buyers. You just dont expect this kiind of interior on a econo box. And it is zippy and it is just a fan cool car.
Once again congratulations and get some pictures in here.

ZoomVT said:
cool man, this car is very impressive to new buyers. You just dont expect this kiind of interior on a econo box. And it is zippy and it is just a fan cool car.
Once again congratulations and get some pictures in here.

Well, I finally got some images for your viewing pleasure. The only mod so far is a new tank of gas. She has all of 500km on her.

Attachments

• DSCN2103w.jpg
    DSCN2103w.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN2104w.jpg
    DSCN2104w.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN2106w.jpg
    DSCN2106w.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN2107w.jpg
    DSCN2107w.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 195
Gave $700 and a 2004 Honda Pilot EX-L for our 2006 5-dr, Titanium Silver GT A/T. Not as good a deal as the '96 Miata that I bought in '96 at the same dealership. $400 plus a '91 Lexus LS400. :D

jhowey said:
myles you have to lower it

But it's already on the ground...

Just kidding. I'd love to lower it, but I'm pretty sure it'll raise my insurance. This is my main commuting vehicle, the mods will have to wait until I can afford a second vehicle to mess around with.

All that aside, I am thinking of using the 'snowflake' rims for my winter tires (if i can find 17" winter tires) and getting better rims for the summer.

i got a good deal

i have a 2004 mazda 3 hatchback

i got it used for 16,000 it had about 9000 miles i didnt have a trade or anything paid for it with cash

myles said:
But it's already on the ground...

rofl..

Just kidding. I'd love to lower it, but I'm pretty sure it'll raise my insurance. This is my main commuting vehicle, the mods will have to wait until I can afford a second vehicle to mess around with.

I am thinking about the Racing Beat springs. Not much of a drop, but the webpage says they emphasize handling over appearance. Since the only reason I would lower my car would be to improve daily (not racetrack) handling, I am leaning towards them. If you don't separately insure your suspension, how would the insurance company know?

All that aside, I am thinking of using the 'snowflake' rims for my winter tires (if i can find 17" winter tires) and getting better rims for the summer.

I'm thinking the same. Hopefully this winter will be mild enough I can make it through on the OEM's. Next summer I'll get a nice package, and put Blizzaks or similar on the stockers.

Got my 2006 Titanium Gray Hatch S Touring manual for $17,100 in November 2005 (including destination charge but excluding sales tax).

I traded in my 1997 Stratus ES for $1,300 plus $3,500 money down. My monthly payment is $273 for 60 months.

hey Rookie thats very similar to the deal i received when i got mine in 04. I think that si a very decent deal; what is your interest rate?
cant beat <275 payments.

Back on Jan 31, 2006

2006 Mazda 3 S Touring Sedan 5speed Titanium Gray w/ sunroof/6cd package, wheel locks, autodim mirror, all the airbags, and I think that's it (I forgot what was standard vs. optional). All for US$19,050 after taxes and everything, $8k down, 5.75%, ~$250/mo. for 48mos.

BKK Jack said:
If you don't separately insure your suspension, how would the insurance company know?

Oh they wouldn't know, unless I got into an accident. Then any modifications could be used as an excuse not to pay a settlement. That's the insurance business for you, they spend half the time trying to get you to buy as much coverage as possible, and the other half of the time trying not to pay out settlements. Pessimistic I know, but I've been burned before...

Until they realize the aftermarket springs are infact, cheaper than stockers from Mazda. Then they'll be happy to cover that.

My cousin's g/f went to test drive a couple 3's yesterday. An all stock 06 2.3 that had been ragged on like crazy. I'm talking weird vibrations and rattles on startup and idle. @ first I thought it was the ac, but that was not on, nor was the fan. Anyways it had 35 miles one, I'm sure all of that was sprint down the road, turn around, sprint back, park and shut off. Then they drove another 06 3 hatch that had mazdaspeed coilovers, front grill, 18's, a sick ass exhaust, and CAI. The LARGE sticker in the window listed @ just under 19000. Then a little itty bitty sticker barely hangin on the windshield had all their 'markups' for that stuff, quickly taking it over 25000. WTF are they thinking. That's some marketing strategy there. Hmmm MS3 for 22000 or 3 with some stuff (not near as fast for 25000).
When we asked to drive it he was like, "I have to ask my manager if we are testdriving the speed version today" They definately had no MS3 there either.
So, his g/f was awfully disappointed with that Mazda dealer (East TN's only mazdaspeed dealer) boooooo Rusty Wallace Mazda.

Last edited:
That black 3 they drove with all the Mazdaspeed stuff on it was built for Miatas at the Gap in July (along with the other 2 customized cars under the canopy. RX8 with the full MS treatment and dead sexy, Miata w/full treatment.) It has the entire Mazdaspeed catalog thrown at it. The Mazdaspeed body kit for that car doesn't come painted, so you're also paying for the paint/body work. It's not just the grille on that car. It's the entire body kit. That's why it's so expensive. Expensive? Yes. Outrageous? Yes. Out of line? Nope.

It's not Rusty Wallace Mazda. It's Mazda Knoxville. That's where I bought my '96 Miata and my '06 3. I went elsewhere for my '07 Miata PRHT. I literally live 1/2 mile from them.

Rusty Wallace Mazda is in Morristown and isn't a Mazdaspeed dealer.

Well yeah i assumed there was labor involved with the charges. IMO it was just plain shady to have a 1.5"x3" sticker underneath the 1' x1.5' sticker. they did look nasty though.

msp35 said:
Well yeah i assumed there was labor involved with the charges. IMO it was just plain shady to have a 1.5"x3" sticker underneath the 1' x1.5' sticker. they did look nasty though.

yeah. They're supposed to use an addendum sticker that is just as tall, but about 3-4" wide, right next to the Monroney sticker, and I thought that car had that, but it may have been torn, fallen off or lost since I last saw the car.

All of those black cars were *awesome.* I'll have to find my pictures from Miatas At The Gap and post them.

ZoomVT said:
hey Rookie thats very similar to the deal i received when i got mine in 04. I think that si a very decent deal; what is your interest rate?
cant beat <275 payments.

I'm ashamed to say I actually got an horrendous rate, 7.79%..... my monthly payment is fairly low just because of the downpayment and the 60 month financing. The day I got the car I wasn't planning to buy, but I was able to drive the price down to invoice and they had only two of the exact trim I wanted. Given my credit score I wasn't expecting such an awful rate. Less than a year before I got a new Toyota minivan and got a 3.2% rate.

hey racerboy what kind of package you got on your car? What was the price before Title, Tax and Registration?

Back