How to remove the door panel

basically yes the procedure is the same. 1 screw is in the door latch, the other is in the pocket in the bottom of the arm rest. But be careful, those little white plastic anchors break really easily!! When I removed my front drivers door I discovered that a couple of the fasteners weren't correctly fastened from the factory!

I'm working on replacing the door speakers and found there's also a large cavity underneath the door pull. Looks like enough room to mount a sizeable crossover. I think the speaker mount is plastic with room to force a 6.5" with some work - I purchased the Infinity Kappa 680.7cs which has 6x8's barely larger than OEM, as well as crossovers the size of a small paperback. I'll post a pic later this week once it's done.

Who needs tools? I pulled off the door panel with my fingers - in the dark! Oops, missed a couple of little white plastic grommets, will have to go after them in the daytime with a pair of pliers.

Last edited:
DSC02839.jpg
door latch: cap flipped back and screw removed

DSC02840.jpg
door pull: cover & screw removed

DSC02841.jpg
door pull detached and pulled upwards to reveal space taken up by Infinity Kappa crossover

attachment.jpeg
Infinity Kappa woofer in factory speaker position

Last edited:
Noice!! How does it sound? Now you've got me thinking about modding my window switches so they all light up at night, bastard!

Once I found out how easy LEDs are to wire and deal with I was hooked! I want to put an amp in mine also, I just keep spending my amp project money on other projects ( I really should cut back a little, Naaahhhh) I figure on using a 400 watt four channel amp and running the OE speakers to a messy end and then installing something better.

Back