What have you done to your MS3 today?

Today, i removed headlight assemblies and, crash bar in prep for air conditioning removal and new KOYO radiator, Samco and Mishimoto Coolant hoses and lines.
Once the oem rad and support are out i will remove the Intake mani , replace injector seals with CS units. Install a Permtuning two can system and JMF manifold. Then the pulleys. all the while rerouting every freaking harness and line in the car for the fun of it. probably replace coolant tank and such with some bling.
3 bar map sensor already has some starting points in race tune next will be wgdc and a scalar for 3.5 TIP. Mishimoto Chill is my new liquid of choice. maybe by the end of summer i will be able to start it up

yea that didnt take very long.....

13006576_10100232233389542_638505715697246805_n.jpg
13015391_10100232233384552_1942934392940065532_n.jpg

you promised you were not going to modify it.
Good luck with that : )
I have done Something to every car i have ever owned I think.
On my 2003 mb c240 4matic crap wagon i have drilled and slotted rotors in the rear and EBC redstuff all the way around. Exhaust fell apart so i had a custom exhaust made.
cats back straight pipe into a magnaflow cherry bomb dumps after the rear axle. this little 2.6 six never sounded so aggressive when winding up.

Gotta be pushing 200 hp at the crank !!

Reached the 48K mark Wednesday afternoon. Took almost three months to rack up that extra K. :D

Today, i realized i needed the bitwise connector for my Bosch 3 bar. which really pissed me off actually.
And i have been looking everywhere for my phenolic intake manifold gasket i bought years ago. cannot find it anywhere
so today i ordered the stuff from Edge. so i will find it in a couple weeks haha.
I decided i am going to replace thermostat,and i found one of the power steering lines to the res was pissing all over, Started cleaning that mess up.
Found out something really freakin awesome. not. My OEM Map sensor screw had almost completely backed out. Thanks Mazda service tech !
Now i am working on replacing a couple pulleys with some snazzy CS ones in blue. cleaning the VVT side of the motor and fender etc and removing the Intake Mani . Upgrading my leaky injector seals and adding the Permtuned plate with a two can system and the bolting the JMF manifold on.
No meth yet , but Domino showed me his setup so it is just a matter of time and monies. going to inject the intake runners.
And i have my KOYO v Rad in hand thanks to 8.5MS3 and Domino81. Thanks guys for the assist!

Probably take me all summer as i work on my own, But I sure love this stuff. sitting in front of the car taking picture making note drinking beer and bbq ing.

May never run again, but i will know every damn nut and bolt and wire color on her intimately.

Have a great summer Everyone!!!

Ps anyone know anyone who has done a AC delete? Including removing the compressor?

Oil change today. The usual Rotella T6 synthetic 5w40. 126,000 miles. Mods in sig.
rotella is good stuff, My subie engineering buddy swears by it !! I have been running RP since day two. I just go with what i know works.

someone buy the rest of my crap

srsly need this stuff gone, need money for the brap brap
I did my part.
i need a vented catch can dammit.
and i would like to but all your meth equipment. the whole lab and trailer.

BTW i am so appreciative of the manual sent.

Guys down at Mazda can't figure out how to find the part# for my leaking power steering suction hose. omg if they need to find me a thermostat

Forgot to post: Oil change 5/7. Good for another year now. :D
i am in the middle of an oil change .
This one is taking about a year.
Royal Purple 10 40. Already did the filter last fall so that's good to go! RP also. nice package deal from Edge autosports i think it was.

Upon injector removal, which sucked btw. 2 were nearly welded in !
So I just ordered 4 more.
I need some more 5/8ths and 3/8ths line for the two catch cans and another check valve. Some more coolant lines and possibly power steering.
Once the injectors arrive I can really start putting it back together as compared to taking it apart mostly.
Now the injectors ? You just knock them in with a hammer right ?

When the intake manifold is in i can then re-install the dipstick and hopefully finish with the year long oil change

So, just checking this area out as I'll belong here soon...

I finally got rid of my MSP and may have found an MS3. Have been trying to work out a deal the past week and it seems to be nearing the end with all signs pointing to me owning it Wednesday. High mileage, but completely stock. Immaculate interior- like it drove off of a lot a month ago. Still has the factory plastic covering the rear cupholders.

OMG PEOPLE!!! We do still exist. Depressing to see the lack of activity on here. Preferio regretting selling the MSP yet? I know I still miss both mine to this day. Ericrapp good to see your still here! You get everything done this summer? How you liking the CS pulleys? Finally got mine back on the road but the good ol Mazda tech failed installing the new motor epically even though they had it for 6 months. So still fixing those issues on top of the previous owners! I refuse to give up on another Speed though.

Heck yes black ! Some still are hanging on.
I am still keeping my mileage down !! trying to catch up/down to Mike by not driving at all this year !!
Getting closer. Koyo in the shroud and doing some test fits. The Samco Rad hose is close to the belt so I am working on that. And i forgot how the wring harness for the headlights ran across the top of the radiator. Any one who could send me a picture form the drivers viewpoint? More pic the better. I know it clips in there and ran across the shroud all the way to the passenger headlight.
Been a super hot summer and was slow to work on it. But once the Radiator support is secured i am about ready for a startup. maybe.

Ready to add the royal purple and the Mishimoto chill and look for leaks. I know i missed at least one clamp after replacing every single oil and coolant line.

Probably need to pay for a start up Etune from Freektune since so much has changed.

like to hear it run this year, even if i do not drive it.

Keep at it black !!

and the pulleys look fine, we shall see if i torqued them correctly later on. I ended up buying the the new CS firewall heat shield and then adding the Valve cover dress up. Looks decent.
Glad to welcome you Preferio ! Seems like you will be an addition to this site. Especially if you get me some pictures
lol

Cheers Folks !

Back