Sirius in Non-Tech Package CX7

G-Mojo

I was wondering if anyone on the board has the Sirius radio installed in their 7 without the tech package option. If so was wondering how you like the interface.

Don't think I have the tech option. I've got the 6 cd changer, but no NAV system installed.
The interface works ok is about all I can say.
It's a single line display, and not very wide at that.
You press a button to change the display between stations, station name, artist, and song. The same button also changes the channel, or scrolls the display depending on what is on the display at the time.
I'd like a multi-line display, or at least one that would display a few more characters wide.
Also using the same button for all the functions can be a bit irritating. There have been times I've reached up to scroll the display, and changed the channel by a few dozen stations because I thougth I was on the artist display.
Other than that, everything works fine.

G-Mojo said:
I was wondering if anyone on the board has the Sirius radio installed in their 7 without the tech package option. If so was wondering how you like the interface.

I knew someone would respond eventually! Thanks for the information Longhaul. I'm going to want the integrated set up as the FM transmitter just isn't cutting it when I get near the DC area. I appreciate the information.

I'm not in love with the interface...why can't it show me the name of the station and/or artist and/or song without me having to press the button repeatedly? And why do I have to manually make the text scroll to read the whole thing? And why can't I change the station when I'm in an alternate view, such as station name or artist name? Why do I have to manually return the display back to the station number?

Some other ideas:

1. It seems that maybe it could scroll more information, slowly on its own, perhaps as an option?
2. Or maybe if the text was about half as big, it would be able to show more text on screen at once?
3. And perhaps if they reduced the size of the "ST1" and ST2, and ST3 indicators to something more like the CD disc number indicator, there'd be more room...seems like a big waste of screen real estate just to tell me which bank of station buttons I'm using...

I still like having it, though!! :)

Back