remote starter/bypass module

Huascar82

:
2006 Mazda 6 MPS GT
Well, I've posted different questions around the board but noone seems to want to help. The electronics gurus are my last hope. I want to install a remote starter on my car. Specifically the Bulldog Security Deluxe 500 system. I'm assuming that since my '02 Protege ES came with a factory alarm system I'll need the JBS 791 bypass module. I was looking at their wire diagram and realized I have no idea where the wires need to hook up to. The deluxe 500 system comes with what seem to be very detailed instructions to hooking it up in general but not specific to the car, but they do provide a basic wire chart for the protege that tells you where to find the necessary wires. I'm sorry for the long rant, I'd just like some help in this area, I dont know much about electronics but I believe I can do it if I had all the necessary information. I was also hoping to be able to get a small pull motor and hook it up as a electronic trunk release and incorporate it with the remote starter since this system contains extra input/output for other items.

I want to do it myself because I would like to learn but also because I'm afraid of getting ripped off, specially since this type of system I've seen is expensive all on its own, not including labor and because of the extra functions I'd like to get out of it. Either way I'm gonna go to this place by my house that was recommended to me and see their pricing.

So basically, do I need the 791 module to be able to incorporate the alarm system into the remote start system or to just use the remote starter. Does anyone have a link to or have a pdf or something with all necessary wiring diagrams for the 02 protege. Do you guys think I should just fork over the money instead of messing around with it myself since I cant even figure this out. :)

If anyone would like to look over all the diagrams and instructions following are a few link to bulldog security's devices and what I've seen.

Deluxe 500 Install Manual (big PDF file)
791 Bypass Module wire diagram
791 to deluxe 500
Protege wire chart

Thanks everyone

Huascar82 said:
Well, I've posted different questions around the board but noone seems to want to help. The electronics gurus are my last hope. I want to install a remote starter on my car. Specifically the Bulldog Security Deluxe 500 system. I'm assuming that since my '02 Protege ES came with a factory alarm system I'll need the JBS 791 bypass module. I was looking at their wire diagram and realized I have no idea where the wires need to hook up to. The deluxe 500 system comes with what seem to be very detailed instructions to hooking it up in general but not specific to the car, but they do provide a basic wire chart for the protege that tells you where to find the necessary wires. I'm sorry for the long rant, I'd just like some help in this area, I dont know much about electronics but I believe I can do it if I had all the necessary information. I was also hoping to be able to get a small pull motor and hook it up as a electronic trunk release and incorporate it with the remote starter since this system contains extra input/output for other items.

I want to do it myself because I would like to learn but also because I'm afraid of getting ripped off, specially since this type of system I've seen is expensive all on its own, not including labor and because of the extra functions I'd like to get out of it. Either way I'm gonna go to this place by my house that was recommended to me and see their pricing.

So basically, do I need the 791 module to be able to incorporate the alarm system into the remote start system or to just use the remote starter. Does anyone have a link to or have a pdf or something with all necessary wiring diagrams for the 02 protege. Do you guys think I should just fork over the money instead of messing around with it myself since I cant even figure this out. :)

If anyone would like to look over all the diagrams and instructions following are a few link to bulldog security's devices and what I've seen.

Deluxe 500 Install Manual (big PDF file)
791 Bypass Module wire diagram
791 to deluxe 500
Protege wire chart

Thanks everyone

Bull----

BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE IS FIND A REMOTE OTHER THAT THAT JUNKYARD CRAP, YOU WILL HAVE TROBLE WITH IT AND THEN TRY TO GET ANSWERS!! I KNOW FROM EXPER.. THEY PROMISE BUT NEVER GIVE RESULTS!!!! fact!!
theres a lot of good ones out there SORRY ABOUT THE BAD NEWS BUT YOU`LL THANK ME LATER I HAD ONE ON ONE OF MY CARS AND TOOK IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

??? why the caps? I actually got it to work. Only thing I still havent done is hooked it up to the alarm simply cause I didnt wanna bother trying to figure out the wiring for it.

Back