Spicy with Black TE37's

Man i just got an update email!! You have been busy, looks awesome. You my friend have good taste and creativity!! Keep the good work.

The rear fitment looks really good now and back in the right direction. Some of the earlier test shots and stretched look had me a little concerned..lol. Your back on track..keep it up it looks awesome. Looks so good...your convinving me more and more to get this suspension set up and wider wheels.

Man i just got an update email!! You have been busy, looks awesome. You my friend have good taste and creativity!! Keep the good work.

hey, thanks Pirana - its easy to have good taste when you're buying parts off someone else who does ;) glad to see you checking in from time to time. lots more in the works.

Looks good but I'd like it better if the hood was color matched with the body.

its about to get worse then. thanks tho man

thought you was going 205/40/18 not 225? still hot as s*** though lovin the oj Volk decals

so wait, thats the links at max camber or min camber?
i guess im the only one whos confused on that part lol

*min length = + camber (if you dont have a way to equal it out up top)

id say the camber is about equaled out right now. the link kit has allowed me to suck in the lower part of the knuckle considerably. the Ksport coilovers by themselves have some camber adjustment for the upper knuckle which is maxed at its most (- camber) location. on top of that i have camber bolts so i can further test the range of camber up top. the link kit how it is set now currently equals that (-camber) out by pulling the bottom of the wheel in. i can do that because the link kit is adjustable in length and pivot.

if i wanted i could keep the upper knuckle camber where it's at and increase the length of the links thus pushing the bottom of the wheel way out. then you would see tons of (-camber).

vip10.jpg

exaggerated depiction

all that said the wheel is about equal,which is what i wanted, not + or -. my goal is to tuck the tire and still have min (-camber). I haven't done an alignment yet but it seems about straight. there is still room for the strut/coilover to move inwards towards the wheel well. this means that i should be able to design a coilover with upper camber plates which will allow me to slide the whole strut towards the inside of the wheel well thus giving me way more range to play with. Especially if i relocate some of the break line components.

hope that helps

Last edited:
yea i was thinking about it after i posted and realized what you were saying
so pretty much, if your running neg camber in the rear to fit wheels, you can buy these links to "undo" the camber but keep the wheel tucked in, and then if you want to run more camber, extend the links all the way out....correct?

very good idea, and you were talking about a custom coilover project with rear camber plates too right? that would be awesome
now if only someone had an idea on how to fit wider wheels in the front, like adjustable control arms

something like this:
images

Last edited:
correct :)

as for the front - the hardest part is dealing with the axles right? the closer you pull the knuckle to the inside of the frame the shorter the axle needs to be, (?) i might be way off on this but dealing with drive train, steering etc is a huge undertaking. not that it isn't possible.

Ive got a solution for the front. Wider fenders. It's a win win, you can fit more wheel and you'll have a bigger lip. ;)

update, first 5 sets of links will be done soon then off to get sprayed. on the coilover front, i stripped out my whole rear sus in prep for coilover development. my Ksports or going to be turned into ginnies for a custom coilover set up. i'm over-slotting the rear collars for max camber adjustment and adding rear pillow ball mounts + camber plates. the goal is to see how much range i can get out of a custom suspension before working with a sus fabricator on the final build out. expect max height adjustment along with a very static spring rate. goal is to keep the body roll down to a min.

first few sets of links are done - thought i would spread this pic to this thread just to update those that aren't following the link kit thread - pic shows range, there prob is a bit more length that can be got get out of the laterals but all in all it makes a big difference when bolted up. My Ksports are also done so if i can make my way i'll try to pick them up before the weekend so that i can get the whole rear end back together on sat or sun.

link_kit_set_4_002.jpg

8.5+22 too small - co's are back and mounted. with the new set up 9.5 easy. rim tucking 8.5 +22 205 40 with s*** tons of room. lots of pics tomorrow. too much tease but stoked on the new set up. soo much range.

so the new links are in and test fit with the over slotted ksports - a great starting point for a new set up (TBD)

pictured set up 18x8.5 +22 (205 40s) - as you can see there is tons of room to mess with :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

fitment_13011_001.jpg
fitment_13011_002.jpg
fitment_13011_003.jpg
fitment_13011_006.jpg
fitment_13011_004.jpg

Last edited:
Back