Retrofit Projector Headlights in my 01 Mazda Protege (Did It Myself)

:
2001 Mazda Protege LX2.0
Hi I put these projectors in my mazda out of a 350z. Wasn't a hard modification at all. I am putting the HID kit in it also tomorrow so will have pics posted soon. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Projector1.jpg
    Projector1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 451
  • Projector2.jpg
    Projector2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 492
  • Projector3.jpg
    Projector3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 468
  • Projector4.jpg
    Projector4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 333
  • Projector5.jpg
    Projector5.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 384
lol well hopefully once i put the HID in today it will brighten up the day. the housing is ridiculously huge so thats why it looks so small and i dont want to be fiberglassing and stuff like that just a quick easy and might i add nice looking mod

ah man changed out the 350z projector for a new maxima projector which is twice as big. and put the HID's in and it is hella bright(omg) . i will post pics tomorrow and my frind is selling the hid kits for 150 if you interested. will post pics tomorrow

mazdaprotege01 said:
ah man changed out the 350z projector for a new maxima projector which is twice as big. and put the HID's in and it is hella bright(omg) . i will post pics tomorrow and my frind is selling the hid kits for 150 if you interested. will post pics tomorrow
HERE ARE THE UPDATED PICS WITH NEW MAXIMA PROJECTOR AND HID KIT! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Attachments

• PJ1.jpg
    PJ1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 321
  • PJ2.jpg
    PJ2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 277
  • PJ3.jpg
    PJ3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 317
  • PJ4.jpg
    PJ4.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 292
  • PJ5.jpg
    PJ5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 342
looks like ass under the hood. you should come up with something to correct that. but otherwise, looks cool man.

Looks good man... I did the same thing but I used Benz Projetors...

Hollywood2009

Last edited:
I hate to critize because I know how much work is involed, but those projectors are way too far back in the housing, it might effect the beam pattern being that far back. I have RS6 projectors which are the same size as your Maxima hella bi-xenon and mounted it to the reflector inside the headlight.

Anyone gonna do a write up on how they did it? What were the costs like? This would be a fun project for me if it wasn't too much...

Jeff

i love the maxima headlights. the hids in my wifes maxima put my poor halogen headlights to shame...

Revs said:
I hate to critize because I know how much work is involed, but those projectors are way too far back in the housing, it might effect the beam pattern being that far back. I have RS6 projectors which are the same size as your Maxima hella bi-xenon and mounted it to the reflector inside the headlight.
the housing is a little far back but it looks good on the road and everything i plan to get a whole nother housing so I can move it att the way up but honestly its angled right and everything so it looks really good. not criticism a very good thought thanks

FlyinHawaiian said:
Anyone gonna do a write up on how they did it? What were the costs like? This would be a fun project for me if it wasn't too much...

Jeff
i wanna do a write up but don't want to do it until i get the lights perfect so as soon as i can get to it i will....by the way looks hella good hollywood

I found it really easy just to mount it in the reflector, check out my thread from last fall, it might give you some ideas. I'm sure you have really great lighting, hella better than stock, but with it being so far back I would be concerned about lighting at the side of the road, and front of car for the first 50-70ft infront of the car. Again, just some constructive critism.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123617723

I thought of doing a write up, but its far too much work and I don't have enough pics.

Hows the glare with the reflective housing still in the headlight? I know there can be issues with this modification causing excess glare to on-coming traffic...it's prolly not too bad. it looks nice cause it looks fairly stock...which is clean and nice in my books.

Back