Full blown 3MPS magazine road test

japfan

I suspect you are all still hungry for turbo 3MPS information so here is a scanned copy of a just released full blown road test. "Wheels" is the most respected Australian motor magazine and it contains lots of technical and objective information. Our road conditions (apart from RH drive) are very similar to North America. It is not out on website yet.
I am not too technical so each page is on its own PDF

Enjoy-

Japfan

View attachment MPS.PDF

View attachment MPS2.PDF

View attachment MPS3.PDF

View attachment MPS4.PDF

View attachment MPS5.PDF

very cool, it sounds very nice. Now i just wish my MSP could be that fast....

thanks for the review. they really loved the car and it sounds like mazda has dealt with the clutch problems and power drop off that was a problem in the ms6. 0-100km times were horrible, but I am sure they could have done better.

I don't know where you are getting this horrible 0-100km times too...perhaps a certain magazine that didn't have a clue? But my 0-100 is quite ok and could eat my old MSP.

On another note, if they had made changes to the MS3 using the same engine. What's the chances those changes could be made to the ms6 ecu?

japfan said:
I suspect you are all still hungry for turbo 3MPS information so here is a scanned copy of a just released full blown road test. "Wheels" is the most respected Australian motor magazine and it contains lots of technical and objective information. Our road conditions (apart from RH drive) are very similar to North America. It is not out on website yet.
I am not too technical so each page is on its own PDF

Enjoy-

Japfan

Thanks for scanning that. Excellent. Interesting that the note the MPS6's funky clutch is happily not present. Also, glad to see that power is not limited in 3rd as some reports said. Limiting 1st I didn't mind too much given the excessivity of it all. 2nd I think your just protecting the equipment and spoiling the fun. Limiting 3rd would be way over the top.

yeah limiting 3rd would be a shame. Nice review, thanks for the post. Car sounds like a winner and lots of fun. Can't wait to test drive one.

damn you, metric system!!!

Kilowatts...meters...km/hr...crazy world it is out there

regardless, the more I'm reading about the ms3 the more i want one...now...

thanks for the scans!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, that was a great article. That's a gorgeous blue in that MS3 in the pics, as well.

that part about the 80-120km/h part was pretty impressive faster then porsches and bimmers and the gto... not to shabby

FWIW, the cosmic blue shown on the mazda website for the speed3 is a very light light shade, like kinda greyish. However if you look at the 07 3s on the japanese site, there is a nice brighter blue, which is confirmed by the australian site to be aurora blue, which will be offered on the 07s in the US, but i don't think it will be offered as a color for the speed 3 (unless they add to the colors they had listed on the website).

Wow very nice. I wish it was in US measurements. This new speed has me thinking twice about an STi.

anyone notice on the last page at the bottom pic how the inside rear wheel is off the ground! nice.... :)

Back