Um, BAD news for Mazda... and probably me!

jandree22

:
2007 Mazda5
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=117492

A cargo ship carrying THOUSANDS of Mazdas from Japan to North America has tipped over, possibly destroying all of them. Appearently they 75% of the cargo consisted of Mazda3's and CX-7's, but I now wonder if my order, originally scheduled to be built next week, will be set back behind remaking of these losses. I mean, I'm glad my 5 wasn't on the ship, but I just hope it doesn't really screw with my wait... but I have a feeling it will. (ughdance)

EDIT: Well, while this all sucks... I'm feeling better about it for several reasons.

For Mazda - Well, they have it completely insured, so they won't lose a cent... with the exception of a presumably large deductible (lol2)

For Me - Two things. First of all, I know that the Mz3, Mz5 and Mz CX-7 are all made at the U2 plant, but I found that the U1 plant can by itself put out upwards of 1,000 cars a day. (http://www.mazda.com/museum/museum/new_index/004u1/u1.html) So even if everything else is halted to reproduce these 4,000 some cars, that'll only be a backlog of a week at most, in theory. Also, Mazda spokesperson said they won't be able to evaluate anything for another week probably, so until it's evaluated, inventoried, planned for it might be looking at at least 2 - 3 weeks to fall down back to the production for replacements. My Mz5 is tenatively scheduled for build next week, so I might get ahead of the mess anyways.

Last edited:
repost...sounds like if they can save the ship from sinking we could have a fire sale, or should i say a listing ship sale??

Probably some MS3's too!

Men and Women of the Mazda Community, you know what must be done:

Activate your Mazdas Seaborn assault mode!

WE'RE GUNNA SAVE THOSE MAZDAS!

_39662663_gal_bond.jpg

boat%20car.jpg

ferrari.jpg

Last edited:
bazooka joe said:
repost...sounds like if they can save the ship from sinking we could have a fire sale, or should i say a listing ship sale??
sorry, I live a sheltered life in the 5 forum! thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Kinda like buying "hail damaged" cars here in Texas.

Last edited:
Other reports state that there are less than 1400 Mazdas on that ship. And it's doubtful that there are any MS3s on there since they don't even go on sale until ???

dommo_g said:
Other reports state that there are less than 1400 Mazdas on that ship. And it's doubtful that there are any MS3s on there since they don't even go on sale until ???

Actually, the way I read the stories there are 4700 total cars, 1400 of which were originally scheduled to unload in the US at the Port of Tacoma. The rest were supposed to go to Vancouver. The US news stories of course only tell you the US facts and ignore our northern neighbors ;)

FYI warrenty covers all water damages due to leaks so I wish you all would just relax we can fix it.....LOL LOL LOL

Hey guess what the ones on the bottom where heading to USA ones on top (the dry ones) are on top where heading to canada LOL LOL LOL

Back