2006 Mazda 3 (and probably others) disable the annoying alarm for the key fob

I hate having my car horn go off with an accidental button press.

I just opened up the key fob with my fingernails, pulled the little circuit board out, and used toe-nail clippers to snip off the little silvery switch under the alarm button, and put it back together. The lock and unlock buttons now work fine, but the alarm button doesn't work at all. Yay!

I can't imagine a situation where the alarm would much more useful than yelling real loud or just holding the horn down myself.

I have already set it off by accident more than once and I could very well expect to do it again. So permanently disabled is just fine with me.

hey-, good to know we can disable that button... I have hit that button on occasion myself... always thought annoying and made me look stupid.

this is just for the panic button, yes? the horn will still honk if you hit the lock button twice?

Someone discovered the some of the RX8 flip remotes have a delayed panic button that you have to hold the button down to have it go off.

Yes, it just disables the button. The remote still functions the same on the other two buttons. The horn chirp on locking the car twice is useful, and it still works.

Back