Best dash and interior protectant

MSP#735

:
2005 Acura TL
with the summer heat upon us, what is the best product to protect our dash from UV and preventing future cracking or harm? (that ISNT silicone based, i HATE the greasy look or touch)

Thanks

303 Aerospace Protectant
Sonus Total Eclipse
Poorboy's Natural Look

All protect from UV, are easy to use, and leave a matte finish.

Where can you find these? I used to use Black Magic's dashboard protectant with a nice matte finish, but it seems to have disappeared and now all that I can find is the glossy stuff.

Mr detailer, what is the best stuff I can use on my dash that is sold say at a Pep boys, Autozone? I hate buying stuff over the internet. Anything better then the next thing at a local store?

Well, I don't use many OTC products, and dash protectants are not one of them that I do use. I haven't been able to find an interior protectant locally that matches the satisfaction I get from my internet-purchased products.

Mr Detailer said:
303 Aerospace Protectant...
All protect from UV, are easy to use, and leave a matte finish.

I agree, 303 works really well and looks good (not greasy). Looks good on tires also. I found it at my local REI store. It's used on rafting boats and stuff. Call ahead and see if your local store has it, as mine had to special order it.

i use meguires tech protect. leave a nice natural dull look on the dash. u put it on bout 2 weeks ago and its still looks great. even keeps dust from settling on it

i work at boaters world and we carry 303....also some other stuff but i don't know the name

does the 303 or poorboys work well for getting rid of dirt and scuffs? Thing is as an example, my dads truck, he works in construction so the interior gets dirty often. Recomend? Also my car, I've tried scrubbing some pieces with dawn and other to no avail.

MSP#735 said:
can you buy Poorboys elsewhere? aka Advance, Auto Zone.... or strickly their website?

Only on the web, unless you live near a major detailing supply distributor like Autogeek in Florida. Lots of places carry their products, but they're all online.

vindication said:
does the 303 or poorboys work well for getting rid of dirt and scuffs? Thing is as an example, my dads truck, he works in construction so the interior gets dirty often. Recomend? Also my car, I've tried scrubbing some pieces with dawn and other to no avail.

303 Aerospace Protectant is strictly a protectant. It will not remove scuffs. I have had success with Poorboy's Trim Restorer for removing scuffs on door panels. Some people like to use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for door panel scuff removal, though I haven't tried it yet myself.

Mr Clean magic eraser is the shizzzy..
oh for the interior try the formula 2001 with sunstop. just apply let dry and remove excess....just as in the directions.

i use adams all purpose cleaner.. it works great best part is if you spray it on the window by mistake it whipes right off great stuff

ZVW155.jpg

*** If you prefer a matte finish, allow Vinyl & Rubber Protectant to penetrate then wipe down with a clean towel. Clean, protected surfaces without the shine!

Last edited:
Back