possible starter problem?

MSP608

:
STi racecar, Evo street car
ok so coming back from the beach yesterday i had been sitting thru traffic for awhile and it was quite hot. i stopped for lunch and went thru drivethru and sat at a shady spot of a neighboring bestbuy parking lot. after i was done with my lunch i turned my car off to go inside to find a bathroom. i came back out and when i tried to start my car it just made a fast pace clicking sound. the little light for the door ajar flashed with the clicking and the other lights kinda did the same thing just not as strong. i had to get a jump from someone and the car has been fine since then. my only guess is that sitting in the traffic for awhile caused the radiator to not get any flow and maybe it got too hot in the engine bay and that messed with something. i dont know, any ideas? sorry for the long post but id just like to hear if others have had this problem and if it could be serious or not....btw there is now a set of jumper cables sitting in my trunk just in case.
-Justin

your battery mightve drained a bit because of the traffic and then eating in your car. from what i heard the car pretty much runs on battery when you're not moving.

well i just cleaned the terminals on the battery, they werent that bad. but the battery took alot of water so maybe that had somethin to do with it.

it was def a low battery causing that. if it was a starter problem it wouldn't have clicked

Back