rattling noise coming from rear right wheel

splitvizion

:
2004 Mazda 3S
the cover on the shock rattles against it. making a very annoying noise that makes it sound like I have a much older car with suspension problems. Does anyone know a quick fix for this problem. I have a couple of ideas but have not tried them yet. Thanks
Anthony

I got the same noise but havnt tracked it to the strut,I figured it might be my exhaust, I have a fix foor that that I havnt done yet, if it doesnt work, & The exhaust isnt the issue, I may have the same problem.

Im very interested in how this works out (Good luck)

just look behind your tire and grab the black cover surrounding the shock. shake it and you will hear what is the same rattling noise but more faint. it is sooooooooo f'in annoying and I dont know what to do about it. You know the dealer isnt gonna do anything because it is not a mechanical problem.

Ill give it a shot, Im jacking te car up in a bit tochange thhe tranny fluid, so Ill try then, There is no fricken room for me to grab the damn thing because of the rims, but Ill give it a shot.

i dont think that is the same problem. I am hearing my rattle when I go over bumps. It seems that it is the cover on the shock. when I grab it and shake it makes a noise that almost sounds the same. like a metal rattling noise. the cover is a plastic material but still makes that slight metal sounding noise. Do you think that I would have a prblem with rocks and debri getting up into their if I took off the covers. or is it possible to zip tie the cover to the shock. also i was thinking of spraying some crete stuff expandable foam around the inside edge. I wouldnt want it to go up into the shock area where it could prevent the shock from completely compressing. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. ****.I hate little tedious s*** like this

zip tie the cover to the body of the shock...5 min worth of work and 8 cents worth of zip ties and problem solved....

Back