Security light (Key symbol) flashing

:
Mazda5, Acura 1.6EL
Just wondering if anyone may have had their security light flashing when the key is removed from the ignition. The problem started last night after I parked for the night, and still continued this morning when I went to start it. When the car is started the light is not on and I did not notice anything different while driving it. I will be taking it in to have it checked out hopefully soon.

Thanks.

While I don't own my 5 yet, my wife's Solara does the same thing. It's normal. It's a "theft deterent".

Check to see if your owners manual says anything about it

here, I even did the hard work for ya... this is straight out of a 2006 Mazda5 Owner's Manual from MazdaUSA.com ;)

securitySystem.jpg

jandree22 said:
here, I even did the hard work for ya... this is straight out of a 2006 Mazda5 Owner's Manual from MazdaUSA.com ;)

securitySystem.jpg

Thanks, UUmm don't know why I did not notice that light before.

yea it's normal, the light flashes in my mom's tribute every about 2-3 seconds, makes people think that the car has an alarm (which it really does ;) )

FYI if you are cranking the car and the light remains flashing you will not be able to start the car.... your key lost its code or a problem somewhere else.

Yup I have seen it....

Back